Seeding some fossils for my kids

DLB

I would like to get some fossils to seed some areas for both my sons to find some interesting things and to better learn the diversity of what is out there. I was thinking shark teeth , ammonites and trilobites stuff like that can any one help with this. I could ether trade or buy doesn't   matter I'm just looking for a variety of stuff. 

If international is okay with you, then I would be more than glad to trade some fossils with you :)

I can send a selection of cool fossils from Europe.

Send me a PM if you're interested!

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

When you say 'seeding', do you mean throwing a bunch of  fossils form somewhere else out into the fossil areas to be found?  I hope not as this is incredible unethical.  

35 minutes ago, jpc said:

When you say 'seeding', do you mean throwing a bunch of  fossils form somewhere else out into the fossil areas to be found?  I hope not as this is incredible unethical.  

18 minutes ago, DLB said:

No I'm planing to do it eather the back yard or some were there is no fossils found my kids are vary young and can't even crack open a crab ball :( so I planed to set them out were I will know were they all are and let them try and find them kinda like a Dino yester egg hunt. Lol!

35 minutes ago, jpc said:

We have a seemingly endless supply of ramshorn oysters down here in Austin. Our collection drawer of them is brimming full and I'm in the process of convincing the kids to find better homes for some of them. Interested? It's the one on the left. I'd love to trade for something you find in your area!

SC_fossisl.jpg

Hey DLB, how bout some pieces of ammo's?  Got lots of pieces.  Not lookin for any trade, you can have them.  Send  me a PM.

RB

Hi @DLB!

Most of my fossils are currently at my parents' place since we're in the process of moving (we've purchased a detached home so I'll finally have a place to show off my fossils!), but I'm sure I can put together a little collection of things from Hungry Hollow, Penn Dixie, and my area the next time I visit my parents - PM me with your address if you're interested...  Oh, and by the way - I don't need anything in return - I'd just like to help out if I can. :)

Just wondering - how old are your sons?  My almost 7-year-old daughter Viola (her birthday is this-coming Saturday) is very interested in fossils and is my regular fossil-hunting buddy, but my 4-year-old son William has pretty much zero interest in fossils so far (although I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he changes his mind...)

Monica

PS - I just noticed that someone has added a "title" for me under my name and above my picture - I'll have to show Viola after I pick her up from Brownies this evening - I'm sure that she'll get a kick out of seeing it!  Thanks to whoever for doing this! :D

12 hours ago, caldigger said:

DLB, just curious as to what you are finding in the Seattle area?

Well seattle not much but other areas plants inverts and marine deposits. 

12 hours ago, Monica said:

Hi @DLB!

Most of my fossils are currently at my parents' place since we're in the process of moving (we've purchased a detached home so I'll finally have a place to show off my fossils!), but I'm sure I can put together a little collection of things from Hungry Hollow, Penn Dixie, and my area the next time I visit my parents - PM me with your address if you're interested...  Oh, and by the way - I don't need anything in return - I'd just like to help out if I can. :)

Just wondering - how old are your sons?  My almost 7-year-old daughter Viola (her birthday is this-coming Saturday) is very interested in fossils and is my regular fossil-hunting buddy, but my 4-year-old son William has pretty much zero interest in fossils so far (although I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he changes his mind...)

Monica

PS - I just noticed that someone has added a "title" for me under my name and above my picture - I'll have to show Viola after I pick her up from Brownies this evening - I'm sure that she'll get a kick out of seeing it!  Thanks to whoever for doing this! :D

My oldest is 5 and the youngest is almost 2 so he's just getting interrested in things. But he likes to do whatever his older brother is doing so I thought it could be fun to play in the dirt for a while. 

On 10/18/2017 at 6:34 AM, DLB said:

My oldest is 5 and the youngest is almost 2 so he's just getting interrested in things. But he likes to do whatever his older brother is doing so I thought it could be fun to play in the dirt for a while. 

ALWAYS a good idea! :)

Archived