Oddly shaped mammal bone

Shellseeker

A curious bone.

What bone has a right angle?  Calcaneum? maybe Vertebrae process.  I hope other have seen these.  This would seem to belong to a medium to large mammal.  All suggestions appreciated!!!Bone1.thumb.JPG.d79bce60fbcfe7eb2e5cea3595d563b6.JPGBone3.thumb.JPG.7635502e1363340a664590631c860ea0.JPGBone5.thumb.JPG.5379715fec7ce74e0d7439563337cb6d.JPGBone6.thumb.JPG.5493479b0148481c182c7db2ab890a0c.JPGBone4.thumb.JPG.54294d33e26bacc7feb793865e32f601.JPG

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Hey John, thats a Rightanglus bonis.  Ha!!  Just kidding, i have no idea but couldnt help giving you the buisness.   please forgive me.  :)

RB

3 hours ago, RJB said:

Hey John, thats a Rightanglus bonis.  

This is getting scary, I was just about to write that!

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

This is a guess based on no experience or authority whatsoever, but I think it looks like something from the front part of a mammoth skull.

Maybe something from the occipital orbit or around the tympanic area of some large mammal. Forgive me I don't know my mammoth anatomy.

IMG_0602.PNG

Not sure about that one, there's not a whole lot to go off of there since it is broken - could be a great number of things, those ones are hard. 

John,

I am only finding a FEW bones, they are just turning out to be unusual!!!!. Mostly I would likely drown in the deeper areas which is why I satisfy myself with the few.

Ron & Caldigger, your minds travel dark and treacherous paths, but... I LIKE IT, I LIKE IT

Kim, THANKS for the hosenose jaw  insight -- suggestion... It is exactly what I need -- possibilities.

A couple of more possibilities.   Rhino Calcaneus ? on the left http://www.universaltreasures.com/fossilsW.htm

Rhino8Calcaneus2.JPG.fef03dce9017adefc11c6fc4891ae584.JPG

How about one of @Harry Pristis creations:

med_gallery_42_2_111395.jpg.ddcfe31c39ab6eb6c5270b7377048fe6.jpg

I am thinking fossil #3 above, but mine in only 74 mm and slightly shorter / fatter.   This is fun !!:D

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

8 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

With a cross section like I'd say it looks geologic.

It may be. I think the best indicator that it may be bone is a blowup of the 3rd photo above...

This is the pattern on both photo #s 3 & 4.

Bone6up.thumb.JPG.f06b067c8c44d1eb05ac4dd5865369d8.JPG

Jack,

That black fracture area makes it fit as a dugong lumbar vertebrae transverse process to my eye. Is it heavy like a rib bone? It looks like a process from something to me...

"A man who asks is a fool for five minutes. A man who never asks is a fool for life".