bird bone fossil in cave?

Napoleon North

Hi 

Is this fossil bird bone piece?

15083342180481329288622.jpg

1508334193163246242831.jpg

150833415772967653533.jpg

A picture of the broken end would help, but from what I can see I would say yes it is!

@jpc may be able to tell from these pics

59 minutes ago, FossilDudeCO said:

A picture of the broken end would help, but from what I can see I would say yes it is!

@jpc may be able to tell from these pics

Ok thanks 

And can it be a fossil? All in all I'm most interested in. The cave in the first chambers is full of rubbish. I found there a bit of bones but rather contemporary ones. I would eventually find something with Pleistocene ehh

Its the right colour of the fossil material I have seen coming out of Poland.

I am not very well versed in the fossilization of the area, but I do know caves can be tricky. 

There was a cave here in Colorado that they dated by creating a spreadsheet of everything found and crossed that with ages of other known species from areas they had definite dates for.

What other things have you found in the cave? Anything else that could point to Pleistocene? 

19 minutes ago, FossilDudeCO said:

What other things have you found in the cave? Anything else that could point to Pleistocene? 

I heard once that someone found something. But it was long ago and I do not know whether the truth.

6 hours ago, jpc said:

Anyone else?

do not know why you are not nice to me but it's sad and please think what you write.

4 minutes ago, Napoleon North said:

do not know why you are not nice to me but it's sad and please think what you write.

I think something has been lost in translation here. :headscratch:

JPC is not certain about this piece and is asking if someone else who might know more could offer some help. :) 

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

5 minutes ago, Napoleon North said:

Jpc was asking for other people to give an opinion, not trying to insult You.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

That would be your decision to make, but it would be most unfortunate if you made that decision because of a misunderstanding.  JPC was simply asking if anyone else had a more informed opinion.  Few people have the expertise to identify birds based on a fragmentary limb bone.  Even fewer would be in a position to know both the modern and the Pleistocene avifauna of your area and be able to say definitively if your specimen is not from a modern bird.  Your post has been up for only a day, not enough time for many people who might be able to help to see it.

I hope you will reconsider.

Don

Wow... I am very sorry if something got confused in translation to Polish.  I was not in any way being Not Nice.  I cannot see where the problem lies, but trust me, I was trying to find help for your bone ID.  As others have said, I was asking of anyone else has an opinion this bone.  Please forgive me, Napoleon North.  It would be sad if you leave because of this.  We enjoy seeing your fossils from over there.  

Archived