Third annual TFF Secret Santa!

IonRocks

20 hours ago, JarrodB said:

I'm currently offshore but my wife said I have a package from the Netherlands.  :)

When do you get home?

Not that I'm impatient or anything.........................:popcorn:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

7 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

When do you get home?

Not that I'm impatient or anything.........................:popcorn:

Unfortunately not until Dec 29 so it will be a late Christmas for me lol. 

• I found this Informative 1

8 minutes ago, JarrodB said:

Unfortunately not until Dec 29 so it will be a late Christmas for me lol. 

Oh, dear! 

Well, i hope you have a splendid time anyway. 

Merry Christmas! :yay-smiley-1: 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

21 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Oh, dear! 

Well, i hope you have a splendid time anyway. 

Merry Christmas! :yay-smiley-1: 

Merry Christmas buddy.

Anyone still got their bundles yet? 'cause I haven't gotten mine yet.

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Received nothing next week. Like Doren said better luck next week?

I am curious to know were parcels are blocked (without giving away secret Santa identity of course). Are customs doing their work too seriously? Maybe parcels have not been send yet? Are fossils taking a boat instead of the plane?

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

36 minutes ago, David in Japan said:

Received nothing next week. Like Doren said better luck next week?

I am curious to know were parcels are blocked (without giving away secret Santa identity of course). Are customs doing their work too seriously? Maybe parcels have not been send yet? Are fossils taking a boat instead of the plane?

Hi David I think you probably right maybe some of the Santa’s parcels have been very late in shipping them. I would hate to bother IronRocks but if there is still people at the end of this week without their gifts maybe IronRocks can pm the Santas and find out some info.  

• I found this Informative 2

I'm sure the packages will find their way home.  Because in the infamous words of Scarlett O'hara..."After all, tomorrow is another day!"

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

I can confirm that there have been some packages which were sent late. Hopefully we get lots of things arriving in the next week 

• I found this Informative 3

I trust they were sent late because the sender (Santa) had to cherry pick the best of their collection to send.

It takes time to pull the good stuff out of the display case and replace them with B grade items.

Everybody knows Santa only sends the best of the best to the good boys and girls.  Those on the naughty list...sorry for your loss!

• I found this Informative 4

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Santa has finally arrived at my front door from Portugal! The late delivery is still all worth seeing what goodies he had for me, fifteen fossil types to enjoy for the entire Christmas season! Not only that, he somehow managed to figure out that I have had been interested in French ammonites, heteromorphs, and Belgian hastalis teeth! :trilosurprise:

FxJcxLL.jpg

O1ri5vT.jpg

LqWsKLB.jpg

viSRnxE.jpg

3L1btBP.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Yay. I have received my package today. Thank you for the terrific fossils. Sorry, I have been busy with exams lately so I have not been online much.

Well that just leaves The Three Amigos: Max-fossils, David from Japan and me left on the "Empty Mailbox" list.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 hour ago, Macrophyseter said:

Santa has finally arrived at my front door from Portugal! The late delivery is still all worth seeing what goodies he had for me, fifteen fossil types to enjoy for the entire Christmas season! Not only that, he somehow managed to figure out that I have had been interested in French ammonites, heteromorphs, and Belgian hastalis teeth! :trilosurprise:

FxJcxLL.jpg

O1ri5vT.jpg

LqWsKLB.jpg

viSRnxE.jpg

3L1btBP.jpg

Wow, it worth the wait! A lot of awesome fossils and i love in particular the turritela internal mold. I have almost the same here besides it is not a turritela.20171213_111102.thumb.jpg.9c6ce2c9c554df46f32bc9f69e1ec93b.jpg

5 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Well that just leaves The Three Amigos: Max-fossils, David from Japan and me left on the "Empty Mailbox" list.

three Chipmunks in three different continents. Santa Claus still has some work to do ^^

I can say that I know Max-fossils package will be around prettty soon. Before Christmas. Caldigger yours should also hopefully be there any day. 

I believe David’s may have shipped a little later than we’d hope due to the Santa’s business recently. It’s also coming from the opposite side of the earth so it’s probably a little extra slow.

Hopefully postal service will cooperate so that Doren and David’s packages arrive in the next weed and a half. Would be an achievement to have every package accounted for before Christmas

2 hours ago, Macrophyseter said:

FxJcxLL.jpg

O1ri5vT.jpg

LqWsKLB.jpg

viSRnxE.jpg

3L1btBP.jpg

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

What a brilliant SANTA.

You weren't on the naughty step after all ! 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

34 minutes ago, IonRocks said:

I can say that I know Max-fossils package will be around prettty soon. Before Christmas. Caldigger yours should also hopefully be there any day. 

I believe David’s may have shipped a little later than we’d hope due to the Santa’s business recently. It’s also coming from the opposite side of the earth so it’s probably a little extra slow.

Hopefully postal service will cooperate so that Doren and David’s packages arrive in the next weed and a half. Would be an achievement to have every package accounted for before Christmas

It would indeed! 

I organize a much smaller event  on my Tortoise Forum, and 50  per cent are not in yet! 

This is an enormous success! 

Thanks everybody! :D

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

Well ya, I have to say packages are moving along much smoother than years past.  Only a few stragglers out of a lot of players this time.  You need a good pat on the back Parker!  Just remember my offer is still open for next year.

Hopefully we can have many more players in 2018.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

17 hours ago, caldigger said:

Sorry Doren, but I'll be leaving you and David as Los Duos Amigos (pardon my Spanish if it's wrong). I got my package today too!!! :ighappy:

Today I had my last exam of the term (Physics, not the easiest one :wacko:), and when I came home today after celebrating the end of the exam week with my friends I had the great surprise to find a nice package awaiting me!

Inside I found a marvelous surprise: 

IMG_4013.thumb.JPG.41c37dc26423b7fab8327489ed3a3c17.JPG

So many awesome fossils! Mainly stunning trilobites, which is a very good thing because so far my trilobite collection was rather slim. Also some beautiful brachiopods and an awesome Green River fish! Thank you so much Santa!

The reason that the package was a bit late is that apparently Santa knew he would be in The Hague today, so he thought that instead of posting the package it would be nicer to deliver it personally. Unfortunately I wasn't there to greet him... Sorry! :(

Doren and David, hopefully you won't have to wait much longer and will get an as awesome fossil package as me ;)

Thanks once again Santa, and a merry Xmas to everyone!

Max

Here are some closeups of the smaller fossils. If you want any info about one of the fossils I will give it. (Sorry for the blurry photos; the conditions weren't perfect. If you want some more pictures of something let me know too and I will post them).

IMG_4015.thumb.JPG.892c431dd0c32e5b0b038bea8d8af930.JPGIMG_4016.thumb.JPG.ce8949bad29e62971e3fd67790d5646e.JPGIMG_4017.thumb.JPG.5e6f3184d5545daae9165b0f90c04da0.JPG

IMG_4018.JPG

IMG_4019.JPG

IMG_4022.JPG

IMG_4023.JPG

Oh, by the way, could Santa please (maybe via @IonRocks if he doesn't want to reveal himself) re-give the info for the fossil below? I can see it's written on the back of the rock but I can't read it...

IMG_4024.thumb.JPG.6cf4e80db38cfa10bd07630f05e09868.JPGIMG_4025.thumb.JPG.2998cb6ef4e48c8331c8f5552b505ca8.JPG

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Just now, Nimravis said:

@Max-fossils very nice fossils- congrats. And as far as @caldigger goes, I think he must have been a very bad boy. He probably could not even get a ride on the Polar Express :hearty-laugh:

:rofl:

Thanks btw

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Wow Max, that IS a nice haul of mainly trilobites.

Of course we wil never know who your S.S was but I bet you must have been a good little boy as the big arsed Norwegian trilobite rear end is kinda rare and not easily let go off by the few lucky sods in posession of a fair collection of them :-)