Third annual TFF Secret Santa!

IonRocks

Although it may not yet even be Halloween, it’s time to start organizing The Fossil Forum Secret Santa. I’ve returned from a few busy and crazy months away from the forum to host this again. Seeing the popular request for it, I couldn’t let this not be a tradition. 

Please be sure to read all instructions and follow the rules to make it easy on me

Here's how it works:

Anyone who would like to participate must comment in this thread. All you have to include in the comment is wether you are willing to ship internationally, or US only. You must also create a Private message to me with your name and address, as well as if you would like to ship internationally or only in the US.

Please Keep the fossils you are sending at a value of about $30 

I highly encourage sending self collected fossils (if you have those available, for these seem to be more likely provide people with something they don't all ready have)

I think everyone would enjoy having their packages arrive before the holidays, so you will have until November 25th to respond to this topic, and message us your address. You should plan to ship your fossils the following week.

Once you receive you package, please post the contents here so everyone can see :) but keep in mind, it is a SECRET Santa 

Oh no you don't!   I was the first to contact Parker and start the ball rolling, Mr. Man!

I am in for US or International.

Hi @IonRocks!

I'd like to participate again this year, and so would my daughter Viola - would that be okay?  I'll of course help her stock the box she sends out so both boxes we mail out will be pretty equivalent - if this is okay then I'll PM you our address.  Oh, and we're of course totally fine with international. 

Thanks again for organizing this!!!

Monica (and Viola)

I'd like to hop in the party too! I'm in for US. Thanks IonRocks for continuing the tradition I'm highly anticipating!

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

Oh no you don't!   I was the first to contact Parker and start the ball rolling, Mr. Man!

I am in for US or International.

Look at that post! 14 minutes behind me! It's ok old, guys gotta nap :P

I can't let you one up me though, I should have stated US and International for me!

speaking of nap ... its that time!

Image result for turtle yawning

34 minutes ago, IonRocks said:

@Monica I could probably make that happen

Then please do count both me and Viola in for one box each (international).  I will PM you our new address (the sale of our townhouse is firm, so we'll be out of our current house and into our new detached house by November 8th - can't wait to have enough space to display my fossils!!!!!).

Thanks again!

Monica

Count me in too! :D

Made the mistake of not joining last year. Let's not make the same mistake twice! 

I'm in for INTERNATIONAL. (Shipping to me will be to the Netherlands.)

Max

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

I'm in to international.

As I had some problems to receive US orders, I will give some indications so that it does not happen this time.

Seeing as i'm new to this i've sent a message so now i just wait? Never played secret santa at work even as was a chef and didn't have time at the point in the year to do anything even remotely fun like this :ighappy:

2 hours ago, Haravex said:

Seeing as i'm new to this i've sent a message so now i just wait? Never played secret santa at work even as was a chef and didn't have time at the point in the year to do anything even remotely fun like this :ighappy:

Hi there!

Yes, now you just wait.  Everyone who is interested in participating has until Nov. 25th to let @IonRocks know, and then he'll send you a PM with the name and address of the person to whom you should be sending a fossil surprise to.  After you mail off your fossil(s), you just wait to receive a package from someone else on TFF and then you post pictures of what you have received in this thread (minus the name of the person who sent you the fossils so it remains somewhat of a secret).

You were/are a chef?  Then we have something in common since I love to eat! :P

Have a good one!

Monica

I'm tempted to take part, seeing so many are stepping up for international this time, and many that I haven't already done trades with... but I'd have to check and see if I can put together enough fossils I'm willing to part with! I'll get back to you.

Is that Nov 25 date for US domestic shipments - maybe international shipments should be sent some time before that to get where they're going in time?

Archived