Jump to content
IonRocks

Third annual TFF Secret Santa!

Recommended Posts

Tidgy's Dad

And look what else was there : 

20180202_003505-1-2.thumb.jpg.4201bf689ec7670d4396bbfb450f025e.jpg

May the Foss Be With You! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
caldigger
1 hour ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

And look what else was there : 

May the Foss Be With You! 

Actually looks more like the Stormtroopers from episode IV, A New Hope.

Or Lord Vader's helmet after it was melted. OK, I'll give you that one!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimravis
1 hour ago, caldigger said:

Actually looks more like the Stormtroopers from episode IV, A New Hope.

Or Lord Vader's helmet after it was melted. OK, I'll give you that one!

 

I’m seeing the Creature from the Black Lagoon 

 

427F2E59-C909-4BC6-BA83-4A7190CEC0D5.thumb.jpeg.d6e2a848106d7c815136401364c51624.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad
15 hours ago, Nimravis said:

I’m seeing the Creature from the Black Lagoon 

 

 

I am getting quite scared of this rock! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bobby Rico
18 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

And look what else was there : 

20180202_003505-1-2.thumb.jpg.4201bf689ec7670d4396bbfb450f025e.jpg

May the Foss Be With You! 

 The Fossils runs strong in your family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David in Japan
On 1/27/2018 at 5:13 AM, VTinNorthAB said:

 

Hoping the package made it to you!  

And the package arrived today! 

Thank you very much for the nice ferns, ammonites, quartz (not sure) and petrified wood.

 

For the pictures... well... you will have to wait until the photo upload problem is solved. For now i am not able to tpload any pics on tff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad
3 hours ago, David in Japan said:

And the package arrived today! 

Thank you very much for the nice ferns, ammonites, quartz (not sure) and petrified wood.

 

For the pictures... well... you will have to wait until the photo upload problem is solved. For now i am not able to tpload any pics on tff.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

So very glad it has finally got there. 

If you reduce the size of the photos to less than 1 MB they should load. It works for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VTinNorthAB
3 hours ago, David in Japan said:

And the package arrived today! 

Thank you very much for the nice ferns, ammonites, quartz (not sure) and petrified wood.

 

For the pictures... well... you will have to wait until the photo upload problem is solved. For now i am not able to tpload any pics on tff.

 

Yay!! I know it’s a random mishmosh of items I threw together just to give you something!

 

So the ammonite, I had purchased unprepped ammos from Ludwigia to try to prep.  I don’t have the tools so used an exacto knife.  That is one of the first ammonites I prepped :) 

 

The quartz like crystal is actually dogtooth calcite.  It was found here in Alberta.  

 

The petrified wood, my girls found in the river here in Edmonton and wanted to add them.  Not sure if there was agatized wood but it’s also from Alberta.

 

The ferns are from the Pennsylvanian and just neat haha

 

Was there a piece of ammolite too? That’s also from Alberta lol. 

 

I tried to put as many items from my location as possible and on the fly to boot haha!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Max-fossils

@David in Japan woohoo! About time something finally arrives :D

 

Looking forward to see pictures!

3 hours ago, David in Japan said:

For now i am not able to tpload any pics on tff.

I've been in exactly the same boat for 2 weeks approx... I also hope the problem gets fixed soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David in Japan
2 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

So very glad it has finally got there. 

If you reduce the size of the photos to less than 1 MB they should load. It works for me. 

Does not work for me unfortunately.

 

2 hours ago, VTinNorthAB said:

 

Yay!! I know it’s a random mishmosh of items I threw together just to give you something!

 

So the ammonite, I had purchased unprepped ammos from Ludwigia to try to prep.  I don’t have the tools so used an exacto knife.  That is one of the first ammonites I prepped :) 

 

The quartz like crystal is actually dogtooth calcite.  It was found here in Alberta.  

 

The petrified wood, my girls found in the river here in Edmonton and wanted to add them.  Not sure if there was agatized wood but it’s also from Alberta.

 

The ferns are from the Pennsylvanian and just neat haha

 

Was there a piece of ammolite too? That’s also from Alberta lol. 

 

I tried to put as many items from my location as possible and on the fly to boot haha!

That is nice things you put in the parcell and for a first prep it is awesome. really thanks to you and your daughter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JohnBrewer
7 hours ago, David in Japan said:

And the package arrived today! 

Thank you very much for the nice ferns, ammonites, quartz (not sure) and petrified wood.

 

For the pictures... well... you will have to wait until the photo upload problem is solved. For now i am not able to tpload any pics on tff.

Yay! :yay-smiley-1:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David in Japan

Sorry for the wait. I thought the pics issue was solved but it seems not.

 

better later than never, here's the Wonderful fossils I received from my secret Santa. 

 

20180212_115513.thumb.jpg.8e668f5325448eef9209a08a85c0d406.jpg

 

 

20180212_115527.thumb.jpg.e44966853fce8ee1dadd44b35fe5a9e1.jpg

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David in Japan

20180212_115540.thumb.jpg.98913ae600ca16239e3f6d6e452f9951.jpg

 

20180212_115614.thumb.jpg.810d3e40c11362841a96925c52cdbb6c.jpg

 

20180212_115646.thumb.jpg.dc03020f0cb58521c3ba80e4cfd82e89.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tidgy's Dad

Lovely stuff, David! :wub:

Got there at last! 

Everyone got their gift, that's a real success! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nimravis

Nice fossils Dave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wrangellian
7 hours ago, David in Japan said:

20180212_115540.thumb.jpg.98913ae600ca16239e3f6d6e452f9951.jpg

 

20180212_115614.thumb.jpg.810d3e40c11362841a96925c52cdbb6c.jpg

 

 

 

That looks like a selenite (gypsum) crystal. Where is it from? Where are the ferns from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David in Japan
6 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

 

That looks like a selenite (gypsum) crystal. Where is it from? Where are the ferns from?

 

Except the ammonite everything is from alberta according to santa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VTinNorthAB
1 hour ago, David in Japan said:

 

Except the ammonite everything is from alberta according to santa.

My kiddos found the petrified wood here in the city playing in the Ravine

 

Oh, the ferns are Pennsylvanian and from Hayden, Kentucky

 

I’m just pseudoSanta...Did your gift from your Secret Santa arrive? 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
David in Japan
3 hours ago, VTinNorthAB said:

My kiddos found the petrified wood here in the city playing in the Ravine

 

Oh, the ferns are Pennsylvanian and from Hayden, Kentucky

 

I’m just pseudoSanta...Did your gift from your Secret Santa arrive? 

 

 

Not yet unfortunately

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
caldigger
5 hours ago, VTinNorthAB said:

My kiddos found the petrified wood here in the city playing in the Ravine

I always send the kids into a deep scary ravine to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VTinNorthAB
1 hour ago, caldigger said:

I always send the kids into a deep scary ravine to play.

 

Its all fun and games till someone floats away haha 

 

((the spots we go are rock beds where water is ankle deep at most))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VTinNorthAB
2 hours ago, David in Japan said:

Not yet unfortunately

 

I will ask and see if maybe it got returned to him and sitting at a post office

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wrangellian
9 hours ago, VTinNorthAB said:

My kiddos found the petrified wood here in the city playing in the Ravine

 

Oh, the ferns are Pennsylvanian and from Hayden, Kentucky

 

I’m just pseudoSanta...Did your gift from your Secret Santa arrive? 

 

 

OK, I thought those ferns looked familiar.

The wood does too - I've got identical stuff my grandpa collected in Drumheller when he was young.

Where in AB is the selenite from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×