Third annual TFF Secret Santa!

IonRocks

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2017 at 2:11 PM, Tidgy's Dad said:

I have little in the way of artistic talent. So my Secret Santa recipient will end up with a postcard of a camel. 

Or not. 

Just dont get confused and send an actual camel ( which according to you, Fes has none of!)...maybe they have all been shipped off.

9 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Just dont get confused and send an actual camel ( which according to you, Fes has none of!)...maybe they have all been shipped off.

Yep, I hate them, so I posted them all to my 'friends'. 

But seriously, the streets here are mostly too narrow, camels are big! So we make do with horses, donkeys and mules. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

On 9/21/2018 at 6:37 PM, Tidgy's Dad said:

But seriously, the streets here are mostly too narrow, camels are big! So we make do with horses, donkeys and mules. 

WHAT?!  I've seen the Mission Impossible movies. They have full on car chases through Moroccan streets.

If they can accomplish that, you should be able to squeeze a camel or two in there!

I'm sorry, but asking anyone around the world, a Mule will never come to mind when conjuring up an image of northern Africa.

You need to change that Adam. I am sure you have enough set aside from all your fossil factory operations to open Fes's first camel farm. Get to it son!

Oh, and Happy Second Birthday Day!!!!

On 22/09/2018 at 2:37 AM, Tidgy's Dad said:

Sorry I have not received mine yet.

13 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Sorry I have not received mine yet.

Ya, me either!  That darn customs department gets kind of busy this time of year.

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

Ya, me either!  That darn customs department gets kind of busy this time of year.

Just think, by the time they're done, you'll have a complete petrified camel skeleton.. :muahaha: 

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

I will be coordinating the next installment of Secret Santa this year ( 2018) so stay tuned for the announcement in mid October.

You might want to start picking out your goodies now!!! ;)

6 minutes ago, caldigger said:

I will be coordinating the next installment of Secret Santa this year ( 2018) so stay tuned for the announcement in mid October.

You might want to start picking out your goodies now!!! ;)

A very Doren xmas. :P

D105D2DA-A61E-4B33-BD16-7C240539735E.jpeg

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Are we sure it's a good idea to let Doren be the organizer this year?  I'm worried that he might just sneak away with some of the goodies himself...

Image result for chimp christmas

See?!  He's done it in the past - what's to stop him from doing it again this year?! 

:P

Just joking, @caldigger!

(image is from https://www.miamiscapes.com/christmas-events-in-miami.html by the way)

Just now, Monica said:

Are we sure it's a good idea to let Doren be the organizer this year?  I'm worried that he might just sneak away with some of the goodies himself...

Image result for chimp christmas

See?!  He's done it in the past - what's to stop him from doing it again this year?! 

:P

(image is from https://www.miamiscapes.com/christmas-events-in-miami.html by the way)

well played, Miss!  Well played!

Everything is generated through your own will power ~ Ray Bradbury

We'll considering the packages don't exactly transfer through my hands, it might be hard to pull off. ;)

Just to be fair, all players will be matched randomly according to the distance they are willing to ship.

"Wow, will you look at that, everybody got my name!" :P

Please don't panic. I won't be playing!

I will be playing too.

Although my ammonites could never stand up to some of those beautiful Jurassic ones from the UK and Europe or those from Krasnodar Russia area or Morocco for that matter. I’ll come up with something though.

8 hours ago, Kane said:

A very Doren xmas. :P

D105D2DA-A61E-4B33-BD16-7C240539735E.jpeg

Gosh I'm a handsome devil!

I believe this was taken a few Christmases ago when I had just discovered a banana in my stocking.

20180925_192614.png

Walt, I just can't imagine the physiological scars this must have left on this poor girl.  

Thank goodness all the kids born after the 50's were beautiful. ;)

Hi all 

I was thinking I really enjoyed last years Secret Santa . Only one thing  for me could have made it better and that is  if we all had opened our gifts on Christmas Day.  Just a thought but if we gift wrapped them , we could open the package see the gift wrapped goodies and post here saying parcel received. Christmas Day or Boxing Day we could open them and  show are presents here it would be a lot more festive . The photos would be more Christmasy too . Just a thought. 

Cheers Bobby

4 minutes ago, Bobby Rico said:

Hi all 

I was thinking I really enjoyed last years Secret Santa . Only one thing  for me could have made it better and that is  if we all had open our gifts on Christmas Day.  Just a thought but if we gift wrapped them , we could open the package see the gift wrapped goodies and post here saying parcel received. Christmas Day or Boxing Day we could show are presents in would be more festive . Just a thought. 

Cheers Bobby

Great idea! 

Will definetly add to the excitement as well :dinothumb:

1 minute ago, DanKurek said:

Great idea! 

Will definetly add to the excitement as well :dinothumb:

Last year some poeple was opening their gifts in November and they probably may not have had the Christmas spirit in them yet. :dinothumb:

Unfortunately, I have nothing I could send to someone, or else I would play as well. :(

Accomplishing the impossible means only that the boss will add it to your regular duties.

29 minutes ago, daves64 said:

Unfortunately, I have nothing I could send to someone, or else I would play as well. :(

Get out there and do some fossil hunting, my friend  :dinothumb: 

2 hours ago, daves64 said:

Oh Dave, it's not like we would expect you to send a complete Wooly Rhinoceros skull with horns. :shrug:

You can leave the horns off!

Archived