Third annual TFF Secret Santa!

IonRocks

26 minutes ago, David in Japan said:

. Last year, almost every body had trouble with customs and some were still waiting for there package after christmas. 

I know of 2 that have not been received yet. (one is My outgoing package.):(

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

I received too my Christmas package :dinothumb:

Sorry fot the bad quality of the picture. I had the luck of received a beautiful crab :D.

The other fossils are very coll too. I ask to the member who sent me the fossils, the identification of these plants please.

WP_20171126_16_03_33_Pro.thumb.jpg.be9cd32579240d8877ba1a6fd0dd2004.jpg

Best Regards

Vieira

• I found this Informative 4

1 minute ago, Vieira said:

Sorry fot the bad quality of the picture. I had the luck of received a beautiful crab :D.

The other fossils are very coll too. I ask to the member who sent me the fossils, the identification of these plants please.

Best Regards

Vieira

A nice package indeed! :)

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

36 minutes ago, Max-fossils said:

I believe the mazon creek plant is nueropteris (i didn’t send it). That crab is beautiful indeed!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 hours ago, Vieira said:

WP_20171126_16_03_33_Pro.thumb.jpg.be9cd32579240d8877ba1a6fd0dd2004.jpg

Best Regards

Vieira

Lovely fossils! 

The crab is wonderful! 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

On 2017-11-25 at 4:36 AM, Monica said:

On Christmas Eve, we head out to Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario to spend the evening with my husband's side of the family.

Awwww You’re spending Christmas in my hometown.  I miss good ol’ KW although I likely wouldn’t even recognize it.  Going back in the summer though :) :wub:

Santa dropped off a package for Viola today - hooray!  Here are some pictures:

Viola opening up her box o' goodies (with Gilbert photobombing the event):

DSCN2353.thumb.JPG.65d186f1ccdaa6883aac7b5e206c56e0.JPG

Viola showing off her two favourite pieces in the box - a pretty trilobite and a modern mako tooth:

DSCN2357.thumb.JPG.f3f19f18723fa474189440cec646de06.JPG

(My favourite is a little rock with two tiny prone Flexicalymene sp. on it - adorable!!!!!)

All of the specimens that somehow managed to fit in the box - amazing!!!

DSCN2365.thumb.JPG.dee461fb8b11463a6d24c47ee49edcc0.JPG

As you can see, Viola is over the moon with this nice little collection - thanks so much, Secret Santa!!!

Monica and Viola

Well, that smile is a gift to us too.

• I found this Informative 3

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

6 hours ago, doushantuo said:

Thanks Monica,lovely pics,and have to say: love the sock-made-over-into-a Santa:dinothumb:

I wish I could take credit for making those stockings, but I can't - I am not at all skilled in sewing.  The Santa and snowman are the kids' Christmas stockings (which I bought a couple of years ago) - we'll be putting them up this weekend, along with the Christmas tree - can't wait!!!

• I found this Informative 2

Oh! Praise the customs Gods for approving my offering of holiday cheer!  May the gift arrive in timely fashion to the recipient...:zen: 

.....it’s been a long day 

• I found this Informative 1

I decided to check the tracking number of my fellow receiver, and looks like it was already delivered 2 days ago. Too bad that he's probably not gonna post his usps finds for everyone to enjoy, but at least he'll have a merry Christmas gift for the entire holiday season!

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

7 hours ago, Macrophyseter said:

I decided to check the tracking number of my fellow receiver, and looks like it was already delivered 2 days ago. Too bad that he's probably not gonna post his usps finds for everyone to enjoy, but at least he'll have a merry Christmas gift for the entire holiday season!

Double-checked my mail box just to be i did not miss any package. Unfortunately it seems you are not my secret santa. :megalodon_broken01:

Do not worry, he may be waiting until christmas to open it and share picture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~〇~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Warmest greetings from Kumamoto、 Japan

I have just received the Polish Mail notification that I need to visit the post office to pick up a package, because its size did not allow them to leave it in my mailbox - could this be my package from the Secret Santa ? :fingerscrossed: 

On 11/28/2017 at 7:10 PM, Monica said:

Santa dropped off a package for Viola today - hooray!  Here are some pictures:

Viola opening up her box o' goodies (with Gilbert photobombing the event):

DSCN2353.thumb.JPG.65d186f1ccdaa6883aac7b5e206c56e0.JPG

Viola showing off her two favourite pieces in the box - a pretty trilobite and a modern mako tooth:

DSCN2357.thumb.JPG.f3f19f18723fa474189440cec646de06.JPG

(My favourite is a little rock with two tiny prone Flexicalymene sp. on it - adorable!!!!!)

All of the specimens that somehow managed to fit in the box - amazing!!!

DSCN2365.thumb.JPG.dee461fb8b11463a6d24c47ee49edcc0.JPG

As you can see, Viola is over the moon with this nice little collection - thanks so much, Secret Santa!!!

Monica and Viola

Glad she likes it.  The small rock with two flexis on  it and the brachiopods and gastropods are personal finds.

On 11/26/2017 at 5:09 PM, JohnBrewer said:

Doubt it would be four days if sent from UK to USA. British postal service is dire. 

Yes it is.

We have been trying to sort out a package for months!

All these posts are making me excited as a wait for mine to arrive!

I have a notification from the post office that something has arrived. It has no date but was delivered to my neighbours'. I must now go to the post office to collect it. 

Not sure when i'll be able to go, ho hum! 

It must either be the Secret Santa from here or the Tortoise Forum. (we don't send tortoises) . 

i'm so excited! 

Off for a bit of a lie down.:trilowalk:

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

7 hours ago, Kasia said:

I have just received the Polish Mail notification that I need to visit the post office to pick up a package, because its size did not allow them to leave it in my mailbox - could this be my package from the Secret Santa ? :fingerscrossed: 

I had a hunch that my Secret Santa package has arrived - and I was right !!! 

My Secret Santa comes from Canada and he has sent me a fantastic collection of Canadian fossils - I love them and I'm really grateful to Santa, because so far my Canadian collection comprised only two trilobites and now I have so much cool stuff :D

Here is what I got:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Eeeeek!!!! I received my Secret Santa gift this afternoon and I will say that I am incredibly grateful for everything!  Everything is so unbelievably awesome and I’m completely gobstruck!  It’s so hard to choose a favourite piece but I will say that eoderoceras is simply stunning!

I am blessed and honoured to receive the handmade card!  Someone has an insanely talented wife :wub:  My 3 year old has continuously tried to liberate it from the box...claims it needs to be on her shelf. 

Thank you so incredibly much!!  

FF00BAEA-B991-4F81-86B8-32AE95240B8B.jpeg

7903BAF5-C385-4C99-B30F-38AE5278F1B7.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Kasia said:

I had a hunch that my Secret Santa package has arrived - and I was right !!! 

My Secret Santa comes from Canada and he has sent me a fantastic collection of Canadian fossils - I love them and I'm really grateful to Santa, because so far my Canadian collection comprised only two trilobites and now I have so much cool stuff :D

Here is what I got:

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

Plus a beautiful hand-made card - by the way: Christmas in Canada must be really cool, if you have a T-rex and Velociraptors bringing presents to everyone :)

card.JPG

card2.JPG

Just now, Kasia said:

Plus a beautiful hand-made card - by the way: Christmas in Canada must be really cool, if you have a T-rex and Velociraptors bringing presents to everyone :)

card.JPG

card2.JPG

But my absolute favourite is the fossilised endemic Canadian flora from the Maple Tree formation :D 

Thank you Santa so much - and Merry Merry Christmas to you all !!!!

9.JPG

• I found this Informative 5