Brownie’s Beach Trip #2

eannis6

Hey guys! I took my second trip to Brownies beach! I found 180 shark teeth, a porpoise tooth, an almost complete ecphora, and some type of land mammal tooth. Also, if anyone can help me identify the land mammal tooth while you’re here that would be awesome. Here are my favorite finds.

7F8AE3AC-1927-4C63-A05D-31B08B22E8C3.jpeg

Nice finds! I don't see any mammal teeth...

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 minutes ago, eannis6 said:

Is this a mammal tooth?

This is actually a broken and worn sharks tooth, although I can see why you thought it was a mammal tooth.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

12 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

This is actually a broken and worn sharks tooth, although I can see why you thought it was a mammal tooth.

Oh ok! Wow...I had no idea! The bottom looks just like a molar! Any idea what kind of tooth then?

2 hours ago, eannis6 said:

Oh ok! Wow...I had no idea! The bottom looks just like a molar! Any idea what kind of tooth then?

I have one like this somewhere, I'll see if I can get a picture. It's a large sand tiger (I'm not skilled at IDing them but maybe striatolamia or carcharias hopei), as you may know they are usually somewhat thin so often the larger ones break and they get worn smooth on the breaking point.

Happy hunting,

Mason

I'd say the broken tooth is a mako.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

7 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

I have one like this somewhere, I'll see if I can get a picture. It's a large sand tiger (I'm not skilled at IDing them but maybe striatolamia or carcharias hopei), as you may know they are usually somewhat thin so often the larger ones break and they get worn smooth on the breaking point.

Hey I appreciate that! Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Awesome colors and serrations on that Hemi! Shame it’s not complete. Good finds!

The Hunt for the Hemipristine continues!

~Hoppe hunting!~

On 10/20/2017 at 5:09 PM, josephstrizhak said:

I'd say the broken tooth is a mako.

@eannis6

Carcharodon hastalis is no longer in the mako lineage but rather the white shark line. (I know it's confusing since its been assigned to 3 different Genus in 4 or so years.) 

Don't know much about history

Don't know much biology

Don't know much about science books.........

Sam Cooke - (What A) Wonderful World

2 hours ago, SailingAlongToo said:

@eannis6

Carcharodon hastalis is no longer in the mako lineage but rather the white shark line. (I know it's confusing since its been assigned to 3 different Genus in 4 or so years.) 

I concur with @SailingAlongToo. @eannis6 excellent teeth and gorgeous little Ecphora. My oh my, do I miss the east coast. :fistbump: :wub:

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

3 hours ago, paxhunter said:

Hey when ur ready to fly back let me know and we will walk

Yes! Thinking about booking a flight for sometime in April or May 2018. We'll see what the wife says. :o Need to also come out and visit the great @SailingAlongToo

36 minutes ago, Fossil-Hound said:

Yes! Thinking about booking a flight for sometime in April or May 2018. We'll see what the wife says. :o Need to also come out and visit the great @SailingAlongToo

Its gettin better and better by the day prime season is fast coming i was lucky enough to find at least 1 meg every month this year

41 minutes ago, paxhunter said:

Its gettin better and better by the day prime season is fast coming i was lucky enough to find at least 1 meg every month this year

OMG!!!! :faint:

Hi,

Juste a translation question : is "OMG" mean "Oh my God !" ?

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

On 12/12/2017 at 12:48 PM, Fossil-Hound said:

I concur with @SailingAlongToo. @eannis6 excellent teeth and gorgeous little Ecphora. My oh my, do I miss the east coast. :fistbump: :wub:

Thank you so much man!

On 12/12/2017 at 10:20 AM, SailingAlongToo said:

@eannis6

Thanks for the info!!

10 hours ago, Ropterus said:

Oui

Ah ah ! Now I understand english beyond the words ! :rofl:

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Archived