megladon, finally!

Peace river rat

I finally found an entire megladon tooth. I have hundreds of fragladons and was beginning to wonder if I would ever find one. It is not huge but it is two colors and in perfect condition. Sorry about the crappy pics but my laptop is all I have to work with.

I found it laying right on top where flood waters had receded. It made my day! Also found a large vert in perfect shape. And a monster gator tooth, that is a nickle I am holding against the base.

WIN_20171020_21_24_06_Pro.jpg

WIN_20171020_21_24_19_Pro.jpg

WIN_20171020_22_10_33_Pro.jpg

WIN_20171020_22_10_37_Pro.jpg

WIN_20171020_22_01_55_Pro.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Love the meg and the gator tooth :envy:

Congrats :dinothumb:

Many greetings from Germany ! Have a great time with many fossils :)

Regards Sebastian

Belo.gif

Nice meg :meg:

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Awesome find, congrats:) that’ll always have a special place

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

That meg may be small, but its sure pretty! :wub::meg: Hope you find a whole killer this time!

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Congrats on your first whole meg! About the same size as my first meg!!! (But yours has much better colour!)

The gator tooth is killer, would love a large one like that for my collection.

The vert is pretty interesting to me though, any idea what it may be from?

Congratulations ... I see many more megs in your future .. hopefully near future.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

2 hours ago, FossilDudeCO said:

Congrats on your first whole meg! About the same size as my first meg!!! (But yours has much better colour!)

The gator tooth is killer, would love a large one like that for my collection.

The vert is pretty interesting to me though, any idea what it may be from?

I am guessing whale, possibly dugong.

9 minutes ago, Shellseeker said:

Congratulations ... I see many more megs in your future .. hopefully near future.

I will surely try, I have the time and will.

Anyone know how to summon @Darktooth to this thread? I have not been here in a while and hope he see's this thread?

It appears I figured it out, thanks TFF.

9 hours ago, mrieder79 said:

Congrats! Sweet meg.

I yelled like it was a 7 incher, it has been a long time coming.

Congrats! A find you will always remember. That gator tooth is pretty sweet too!

6 hours ago, Peace river rat said:

Anyone know how to summon @Darktooth to this thread? I have not been here in a while and hope he see's this thread?

It appears I figured it out, thanks TFF.

I spoke with him a few weeks ago. Said he has been really busy and hasn't had time to be on here much.

4 hours ago, Ropterus said:

Congrats! A find you will always remember. That gator tooth is pretty sweet too!

I spoke with him a few weeks ago. Said he has been really busy and hasn't had time to be on here much.

Thanks Ropterus.

I too have had to wonder what the ratio of frags to fulls is, but now you've overcome that hurdle!  Congrats!

Love that Gator Tooth!

So you mentioned it was where the flood receded, I'm assuming it was sand berm, and it probably flushed out a pocket up stream.

Great finds! No matter how many more you find that first meg will also one of your favorites. 

And love the croc tooth, it's huge. 

The meg may be the star of this thread, but the crocodilian tooth (unsure if gator without clearer photos) has the full audience of one ;)

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

12 hours ago, Calvin Jenkins said:

I too have had to wonder what the ratio of frags to fulls is, but now you've overcome that hurdle!  Congrats!

Love that Gator Tooth!

So you mentioned it was where the flood receded, I'm assuming it was sand berm, and it probably flushed out a pocket up stream.

About 200 yards away.

5 hours ago, JMUFossil said:

Great finds! No matter how many more you find that first meg will also one of your favorites. 

And love the croc tooth, it's huge. 

I was offered 100 $ for it (I could use it) I declined. I am a hoarder:)