A few more interesting shark teeth!

eannis6

Hello all! I found these on a recent trip to Brownies beach. I am not completely sure but I have an idea of what these may be. Can I have your opinions? Thanks!

9E97D0F0-EE69-4890-830C-AD88FF1D100D.jpeg

786EBBA0-C3A9-4249-B4BC-09F793B9992F.jpeg

Nice!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 minute ago, ynot said:

Physogaleus contortus (GIBBES, 1849) extinct Tiger-like shark.

But it is hard to be sure with a fragment that is so worn.

That was my guess! Thanks! :)

I agree of course 

• I found this Informative 1

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

In your first pic the tooth on the left is a Notorhynchus primegenius upper parasymphyseal. The tooth on the right is a Physogaleus contortus parasymphyseal tooth.

1 hour ago, PaleoRon said:

In your first pic the tooth on the left is a Notorhynchus primegenius upper parasymphyseal. The tooth on the right is a Physogaleus contortus parasymphyseal tooth.

Thank you PaleoRon!

9 hours ago, eannis6 said:

Thanks WhodamanHD! You both have helped me tremendously!

No problem, most of this I've learned from others on the forum (I must admit, I went to brownies for the first time today, all the shark teeth I've found prior to today have been Paleocene), so I'm happy to pass it on!

Happy hunting,

Mason

1 hour ago, WhodamanHD said:

No problem, most of this I've learned from others on the forum (I must admit, I went to brownies for the first time today, all the shark teeth I've found prior to today have been Paleocene), so I'm happy to pass it on!

That’s awesome! I use waders to access further south...it seems larger teeth are down there.

10 minutes ago, eannis6 said:

That’s awesome! I use waders to access further south...it seems larger teeth are down there.

That's what I thought, the cliffs are at a thirty degree angle, and i could see the layer (zone four I think) peeking out. I only walked out to the point, as water visibility and tide were against me. I'll post my finds tommorow, nothing special and all small. I did get half peccary tooth, one hemi, some little chunkosauruses and lemon shark teeth. I'll definitely be down there again and I'll take the long walk. Who knows, maybe I'll run into you!

Happy hunting,

Mason

7 minutes ago, WhodamanHD said:

That's what I thought, the cliffs are at a thirty degree angle, and i could see the layer (zone four I think) peeking out. I only walked out to the point, as water visibility and tide were against me. I'll post my finds tommorow, nothing special and all small. I did get half peccary tooth, one hemi, some little chunkosauruses and lemon shark teeth. I'll definitely be down there again and I'll take the long walk. Who knows, maybe I'll run into you!

I look forward to seeing your Finds! That would be neat! I plan to go next in December or late November.