Another day in the sunshine

Shellseeker

It was about 95 degrees today, but the breeze was constant and I was standing (up to my chest) in cool running water.  That's about as good as it gets. Not a lot of finds, because I was limited (due to water depth) to the top foot of gravel. Found a dolphin tooth, and a penny. Thanks to @Harry Pristis for the picture and ID.LongBeakedDolphinTeeth.jpg.681c5a92384c94121e76f244f685bd2f.jpg

DolphinTooth2_txt.thumb.jpg.ef7dc7f806f7e12bee09c3dc48c631ae.jpg for the picture and ID.

And then this Broken shark tooth.  I am always thinking Meg when I hunt.  It might be GW.  It is approximately 15 mm on each side.

UnkShark1.jpg.6c69584016349f67b7ac2cd1f650f9e8.jpgUnkShark2.jpg.820f18fa0ba7fc24ffbc03e8d6c61d28.jpgUnkShark3.thumb.jpg.25070853ec70081dbd9e8f376b7b3e26.jpg

Either way, a great day with a few interesting finds to keep me coming back.  

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

9 minutes ago, Calvin Jenkins said:

If you had a regulator you wouldn't need to be standing there!

Nice dolphin find!

True, I have gone down with an air compressor & regulator. Usually, I have used those when I am very confident on what is in the gravel.  Right now, I am prospecting and building up muscle and endurance.:D

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

You sure are determined Jack:fistbump: good luck out there

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Thanks Jeff, my doc told me to exercise. It is this or the treadmill...

Ron,

Originally I thought I knew what this was, or could figure it out.  Maybe similar when you only find a piece of a crab or ammo. But now I am not sure how much of the complete blade I found or which of the big sharks this belongs to...

I like the thought that location has one or the other.. Meg or GW..

Tip_Merge.thumb.jpg.3642828cd1ea96b2285ec1fb8fc2ad5d.jpg

Jack, you are a glutton for punishment and I suspected you'd be one of the first in the water after the momentous flooding in the area. Stay safe out there--we don't want you washing out to Charlotte Harbor.

Now, if I can only convince my wife that my doctor has prescribed digging in the Peace River.... ;)

Cheers.

-Ken

P.S.: I have only a few Kentriodontidae teeth and they are always a trip-maker when I find one in my sifting screen.

Jack, I very much like your exercise plan and the latest finds.  I can see the why of shark tooth question--I'll follow to see what the shark guys say...

Regards, Chris 

Archived