Rapp Creek

Rowboater

Still no big teeth to take back to the school teacher in Singapore.  But more variety; lots of little teeth including a small mako and two cowshark fragments, some weird small vertebra, small coral ball, turtle shell fragments, some unidentified fossil bits and pieces (pick up when bored; spend lots of time on afterwards?),and a small ecphora (don't usually collect shells, but she likes them).

microteeth7.jpg

microteeth8.jpg

microteeth9.jpg

Nice finds, especially the ecphora!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Thanks.  I'm still learning.  Never paid much attention to the shells, but people on this site seemed excited about the ecphora so I'll have to look for them now.  Has not been a banner few weeks for shark teeth so guess I need to learn more about the other stuff.  Lots of black shiny fossil pieces as well, probably most unidentifiable, but will try to research some of those as well.

@ynot  Thanks!  Went out today, not as good.  Will either scan and add photos or start a new (but same) topic. There are lots of small bones and stuff that I don't know what they are, might need help with ID.  As well as some interesting big "whale bone" chunks. 

Lots of teeth, just small.  A few interesting ones (four angel shark, and two or three with elongated root).  No cowshark, no ecphora this time though lots of ecphora pieces laying around.  I'll try to get some scans and maybe cell phone pictures of some of the non-shark teeth stuff I found.

microteeth11.jpg

microteeth12.jpg

Non-shark teeth.  Some small bones, heavily enameled pieces (same sheen as shark teeth), skate teeth, vertebra, turtle shell(?), bonita nose and stuff i see but don't know what itturtleshell-verts.thumb.jpg.ea50e45114cae2a15d8ce7d6965dd107.jpg is... 

skateteeth-bones.jpg

turtleshell-verts-flipped.jpg

turtleshell-verts-bones.jpg

shinybits.jpg

shinybits-flipped.jpg

The area I hunt has been picked over off and on for over 30 years.  It's private land but kids in particular are always looking for big teeth.  Me too, but I am happy when I find interesting small ones.  They'll be going to an elementary school teacher in Singapore. 

Archived