What defines an Adult Dinosaur

Troodon

I throw terms like juvenile, subadult and adult around freely but never really considered the detail around what actually defines these age classes.   Came across this Royal Society publication that addresses the ontogenenetic stages of non-avian Dinosaurs.  A bit technical but I was able to slosh my way through it and get good info out of it.   You might find it useful.  I fit the old adult in table table 1:D

Screenshot_20171024-132449.thumb.jpg.fb78ae9af307f5720dee60028190c945.jpgScreenshot_20171024-132548.thumb.jpg.0e2087b5210fc840234e4bea49cc7a13.jpg

20150947.full.pdf

http://rsbl.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/12/2/20150947

• I found this Informative 3

There was an interesting talk on TED talks about this where Jack Horner was looking at some bone slices of various dinosaurs and the bone density goes from fairly porous to dense.

the actual talk was more about eliminating some species due to them either being a juvenile or adult. Where are all the baby dinosaurs I think was the topic but was quite interesting.

Mike D 

• I found this Informative 1

On 10/24/2017 at 9:49 PM, Mike from North Queensland said:

There was an interesting talk on TED talks about this where Jack Horner was looking at some bone slices of various dinosaurs and the bone density goes from fairly porous to dense.

the actual talk was more about eliminating some species due to them either being a juvenile or adult. Where are all the baby dinosaurs I think was the topic but was quite interesting.

Mike D 

Jack is very big into that topic and one that has very mixed reviews in the Paleo world.