eannis6

Angel Shark teeth are among my favorite fossil teeth. Pictured are the teeth of Squatina Subserrata and Squatina prima.

show your angel shark teeth below!

42C1562D-02CE-426C-BFF0-E1942F2197A2.jpeg

2BF9EA90-866C-4EAB-8BB0-7848479F399E.jpeg

96A298A9-C61C-45A5-8877-47EDD245A8EE.jpeg

I agree they are neat little teeth and they go through the coarser screens that most people use for hunting shark teeth.  While I would like a big Megalodon every once in a while like everyone else, there is much more fascinating stuff to look at on the smaller end.

2 hours ago, Rowboater said:

I agree they are neat little teeth and they go through the coarser screens that most people use for hunting shark teeth.  While I would like a big Megalodon every once in a while like everyone else, there is much more fascinating stuff to look at on the smaller end.

I completely agree! I haven’t ever had much success with finding large megs so it is in fact generally the smaller stuff that keeps me fascinated.

25 minutes ago, ynot said:

I am fond of the angle shark teeth also. I think they look like a ceratopsian frill with a single horn. (monoceritops.)

I can see the resemblance! That’s neat.

• 2 weeks later...

My worn little angel, also from brownies.

IMG_0084.PNG

IMG_0085.PNG

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

6 minutes ago, -AnThOnY- said:

This is my favorite. Right around 1/4" from North Central Mississippi.

Ginglym. subaf. 53.035.jpg

Wow that’s gorgeous!

1 hour ago, -AnThOnY- said:

This is my favorite. Right around 1/4" from North Central Mississippi.

Nice tooth, but not an angel shark.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

3 minutes ago, -AnThOnY- said:

Oh yea, Nurse Shark, dangit. Close enough :P

We they are both sharks (selachiformes) and the teeth are similar in some respects, a product of convergent evolution I suppose. Very nice tooth btw!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:11 AM, Rowboater said:

Not angel shark, but tiny!

P1010092.JPG

44 minutes ago, Peace river rat said:

Not angel shark, but tiny!

P1010092.JPG

That’s awesome! I basically consider Brownie’s Beach the land of the tiny shark teeth. I mostly find tiny ones there, but there is something neat about the little ones. I found the a meg/chub waaaaaay smaller than I thought possible.

• I found this Informative 1