Macrophyseter

Over the past few days I've been drawing up another paleo-reconstruction. After some time conflicting on which animal to draw, I settled on the rather under-celebrated pliosaur Simolestes voraxS. vorax is a Jurassic pliosaur related to Liopleurodon, but is estimated to grow up to 10 meters in length, rivaling the size of the more famous pliosaur Kronosaurus. Heck, at one point there were even some theories that Simolestes was the owner of a gigantic lower front jaw dubbed "The NHM Symphysis", which was believed to be from a pliosaur exceeding 15 meters in length! 

Again, I used a Huion 1060PLUS Drawing Tablet and used Photoshop CS6. This time, drawing was a bit annoying due to constant need of omitting head details depicted on the skull I referenced. It took me a week to finish, and probably 5-6 whole hours in solid time due to the constant drawing/erasing.

rtYyrMc.png

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Now go and add the customary scuba diver for scale,Mack.:D

That always adds a little zip and pazazz.

Very nice effort!

6 hours ago, doushantuo said:

That always adds a little zip and pazazz.

Very nice effort!

Haha gotta have that scuba diver

Great work by the way!

Nice drawing! :dinothumb:

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

@ynot @doushantuo @mattbsharks @Max-fossils Thanks guys! :)

20 hours ago, doushantuo said:

lol, I was thinking about doing that but for some hassle reasons, I decided against it. But seeing that you would really like to see it, I'll probably just do it anyways :dinothumb:

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Archived