Rockin' Ric

Found these two fossils the same day at two different sites. The sites are 30 minutes east and west of each other. On both fossils there is a trigoncarpus seed pod. Could the images criss-crossing, overlapping each other be cyperite leaves or Lepidophylloides? ...Or some type of stems or root system? 

20171029_200641.jpg

20171029_200502.jpg

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!

If history repeats itself, I'm SO getting a dinosaur. ~unknown

www.rockinric81.wixsite.com/fossils

Hi Rockin' Ric

These axis are very thin and narrow ! 

They are a mixt of  Lepidophylloides and  some type of  root system like Pinnularia ( Calamites roots ).

Best regard 

Pinnularia.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

Yes Bruno is the expert! Thanks Bruno. I suspected that it was a mixture of something...I have found Lepidophylloides by themselves overlapping each other on the site of the first pic. The second pic, many Calamite impressions as well as fern and fern Rachis on that site.

WELCOME TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!

If history repeats itself, I'm SO getting a dinosaur. ~unknown

www.rockinric81.wixsite.com/fossils

Hi  

I'm not an expert guys, just a french passionate amateur, let alone a science apprentice, just someone who tries to understand with logic.Here are some Diaphorodendron phylloides found  in french alps ( South Belledonne )  ......

Best regards 

Bruno 

Phylloïdes pl 1.jpg

Hi Tim

-Unfortunately, there is no organic connection  , or leafy branches, the attribution is based on an assertion .

-The site is an allochthonous formation whose lightest plant elements are transported to the lowest point of the basin by the flow of water. There is no organic connection between Strobus and the different axis.
-These Diaphorodendron axis are the lightest elements and among them also include Strobus and their bracts of Sporophylls carried on distances sometimes distant by the floods during the flood.Various parts of cones of axes and foliage are discovered in abundance in the outcroops. The relationship between axes, Strobus and Phylloides is based on the assertion that we admit a relationship between the various elements of the plant discovered in abundance by their simultaneous presence without organic connection of the various parts.

Best regards 

Bruno  

Diaphoro pl 6.jpg

• I found this Informative 4

Hi Bruno,

Good to see you on TFF. Wonderful specimens. While you can be certain only when found in organic connection, a systematic, dominant co-occurrance surely suggest some sort of relationship. Also very nice that you have been able to recognize shifts in the depositional environment in your area.

Kind regards,

Tim

Searching for green in the dark grey.