What am I looking at??

Ash

What is this? It looks like skull or pelvis, but seems a touch wrong for both..?

Currently out in a plaster jacket, so I guess I'll find out next month some time.

Oh, its Pleistocene in Australia. A neat thing is there was a vague leaf impression in the clay under it.

IMG_0411.PNG

IMG_0420.PNG

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

Tommorow I'll get a pic if you'd like.

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

Anyone?

@Ash did you dig it out? It seems like it could be a hip bone but it would be much more helpful if you could photograph the entire thing. 

CD

It's out and in a plaster jacket. Won't be prepping it until next month some time. I guess I'll have the answer then :)

Best guess is a pelvic bone from a marsupial. I would guess where your fingers are in the first photo is where the hip bone slotted in.

Once you get it prepped and all the bits glued back together I would suspect the ID will be easy.

Nice find.

Mike