Ediacaran Fauna -- or Flub?

Arizona Chris

Hi all,  well this is the second drawing Ive ever made in my life other than stick figures. I consider my last post a total failure (trilobite) so Im trying another subject material.  Since the last post, Ive watched a few hours of You tube videos on how to do basic drawings, and  hopefully that made a difference.  This one took me on and off - about two days to do.  So what do you think - Fauna or Flub?  ;)

Ediacaran1-1290.thumb.jpg.cf37cc82f12eb286cef9d387cfef9123.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arizona Chris

Paleo Web Site:  http://schursastrophotography.com/fossiladventures.html

+ for fauna, way better than any drawing I’ve done!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Nice drawing! :)

I cannot draw to save my life. 

But I understand that most, if not all, the jellyfish from the Ediacaran fauna have now been reclassified.

For example this one I have is Medusina mawsoni, for decades thought to be a jellyfish but now classed as the trace fossil of the holdfast of one of those Rangeomorphs that you've drawn above. Like Charniodiscus is to Charnia. 

Jellyfish2.thumb.jpg.615f6da21495a4224f6d246c4d58ee80.jpg

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

• 1 month later...

Very cool!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Archived