grace-angel

Hi I would say they are real but can’t say how much they have been painted ( to highlight or to add missing parts) or not without looking though a loupe. The first photo looks like a small juvenile. Also most people selling replicas will state that are. I do not think there are very may complete fakes out there but lots of painted and badly prepped fossils of this species available.

sorry I can’t help any more than that.

cheers Bobby 

43 minutes ago, RJB said:

Im certainly no expert, but the head on the first one looks far too big to me?

RB

I think you are right even for a very small juvenile the head looks too big. If we had some measurements that may help. Also I am no expert I just have a couple and take my information from.

Cheers bobby

On 11/3/2017 at 11:03 AM, Bobby Rico said:

That’s is a nice specimen. Please  how big is it. @aplomado

cheers Bobby 

My baby is 6 cm.  Prepped by a forum member.

The first one looks like somebody put a head from a different specimen onto it, especially with that break in the rock. Wouldn't be surprised if they found a headless body and bodiless head and put them together.

I agree with @Fishkeeper also the right leg looks significantly darker so there might be some paint job there but hard to say for sure without looking at it under a loop or real life. I personally would avoid the first one pictured.

Also looking at the skull area of the first one the anatomy does not seem to par up with other infant kein specimens.

Archived