Ammonite ...

Crann

Found this on the Yorkshire coast, is that a perfectly positioned bivalve or you think it could be the living chamber ? Thanks.

20171106_174712.jpg

20171106_174721.jpg

2 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

Bivalve I think.... ;)

Yes, ammo. :) 

You again ? If it was living chamber it would be a strange find for sure, I was thinking bivalve but hoping not...

Hit the rock and break it open , if its an ammonite it should break around the fossil I am hoping , otherwise in order to tell you will have to get it prepped. the top does look similar to a bivalve but the bottom is definitely a ammonite , which would make sense for the top to be the opening/living chamber . It has the sutures and design of a earlier ammonite.

13 minutes ago, PyritizeMe said:

Hit the rock and break it open , if its an ammonite it should break around the fossil I am hoping , otherwise in order to tell you will have to get it prepped. the top does look similar to a bivalve but the bottom is definitely a ammonite , which would make sense for the top to be the opening/living chamber . It has the sutures and design of a earlier ammonite.

Hi, it is an older Ammonite from the earlier beds, the concretion is soft not the usual that you can split, will get my pen on it tomorrow and solve the mystery...