Winner of the October 2017 Invertebrate / Plant Find Of The Month!

Cris

• Cris featured this topic

Congratulations, Dave! 

Excellent find! :) 

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

Awesome!!!!!!!!! and to think you wanted to hit the road for the long drive back before it was properly finished.......

One of my favorite trilos I have seen this year.....

Congrats Dave for this very nice trilo and the great job for prep it !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Congrats Dave, beautiful little bug you’ve got there:fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Whoo Hoo! I finally have a fossil worthy of IFOTM! I'm very happy to have found it and even more so to have had it voted the IFOTM. Especially so considering all the fantastic finds submitted last month including the spectacular articulated Pentremites pyriformis that @Archimedes submitted. I must confess that I voted for his fossil in this contest because I just love it!

Thank you to @Malcolmt for the beautiful prep job he did (yes, it was worth the extra time and the sifting for more power). He is equally deserving of this award since he did all the work to clean up the muddy fossil. 

Now I just need to find one of these that is fully inflated. ;)

Thanks for all the votes and positive comments! 

-Dave

Geologists on the whole are inconsistent drivers. When a roadcut presents itself, they tend to lurch and weave. To them, the roadcut is a portal, a fragment of a regional story, a proscenium arch that leads their imaginations into the earth and through the surrounding terrain. - John McPhee

If I'm going to drive safely, I can't do geology. - John McPhee

Check out my Blog for more fossils I've found: http://viewsofthemahantango.blogspot.com/

Not bad but next time try to find a big trilobite. :P

Pretty awesome bug there, Dave. Would have had my heart racing if I'd found that. Prep props to Malcolm as well.

Cheers.

-Ken

Congratulations Dave and Malcolm on your much deserved victory. That beautifully ornamented rare trilobite was an awesome find and the prep work displays it magnificently.

I love the ornamentation, a mighty fine bug!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

:yay-smiley-1:A beautiful bug :envy:

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived