Oreodont skeletal elements

Peat Burns

RB... did you say something about too many fossils!?  This is a very confusing statement... I just built a shed to put all my plaster jackets in... photos someday.  

22 hours ago, Fruitbat said:

Now THAT is an ambitious project!  I'm looking forward to seeing the result!

-Joe

It's been a ton of fun so far.  I'll definitely know my oreodont skeletal anatomy after this.  I think I already have the vertebral formula memorized :).  I successfully cast some of the more complex vertebrae last night.

I'll wait and post the entire process when it's completely done.

• I found this Informative 1

On 11/14/2017 at 12:40 PM, jpc said:

RB... did you say something about too many fossils!?  This is a very confusing statement... I just built a shed to put all my plaster jackets in... photos someday.  

JP- that is the problem, the “someday” may never come to get around to them. I still have about 100 5- gallon buckets of Mazon Creek concretions- even after I crack a ton open, they seem to multiply and on top of that I am still collecting from different sites and like you I have White River stuff to prep that has been sitting for years- It is a good nightmare though.

• 3 years later...
On 11/11/2017 at 7:46 PM, piranha said:

The Mammalian Fauna of the White River Oligocene:

I like to learn more about the mammalian fauna. Got some nice pieces, but normally my focus is on cretaceous marine invertebrates and epizoans.

Does anyone know if the cited papers will be available for download?

William Berryman Scott and Glenn Lowell Jepsen: The Mammalian Fauna of the White River Oligozene

thanks for your support

3 hours ago, rocket said:

Does anyone know if the cited papers will be available for download?

William Berryman Scott and Glenn Lowell Jepsen: The Mammalian Fauna of the White River Oligozene

thanks for your support

That is a big monograph....980 pages + 100 plates! :zzzzscratchchin:

Check your PM for a nice surprise!mail-happy-smiley.gif?1292867634check-email-smiley.gif?1292867567

image.png.a84de26dad44fb03836a743755df237c.png