The best of my Ammonite collection

Bobby Rico

There is lots of old wisdom on that shelf, boy do they have a story to tell and wow the encounters they had. Very Nice 

• I found this Informative 1

1 hour ago, Troodon said:

There is lots of old wisdom on that shelf, boy do they have a story to tell and wow the encounters they had. Very Nice 

Thank you very much @Troodon I often think about that too. I suppose that is the wonderment  off fossil collecting . 

A small collection  Graphoceratid I believe they have had different names in the past and are now also I think thought be a morphospecies. Classic old school collectors favourite .

From Bradford Abbas, Dorest . U.K 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• I found this Informative 2

@ynot thank you very much for your kind comments .  At one time this ammonite was a must have for a collector in the uk.

@Troodon they require a little preparation which was done in the early 90s. I think I may try at some point to re-prep them with more modern techniques but I do like the old school look to them. They hold a little bit of nostalgia for me.

Thank you for the kind comments 

cheers Bobby 

Nice, even though it's not pyrite! ;)

Yes, I think Asteroceras is a good call. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

10 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Nice, even though it's not pyrite! ;)

Yes, I think Asteroceras is a good call. 

Thanks Adam. 

52 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Some very nice ammos you have shared with us.  Great pics.  Thanks

Thank you for your kind comments.

It has been my pleasure. I have really enjoyed posting them and receiving plenty of very kind words and informative replys.

cheers Bobby 

On 1/6/2018 at 7:54 AM, Bobby Rico said:

A bookcase shelve full of ammonites no room for the books. 

The way it was intended ;)...great collection, Bobby.

"I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in. Of what avail are forty freedoms without a blank spot on the map?"  ~Aldo Leopold (1887-1948) 

New Mexico Museum of Natural History Bulletins    

point.thumb.jpg.e8c20b9cd1882c9813380ade830e1f32.jpg research.jpg.932a4c776c9696d3cf6133084c2d9a84.jpg  RPV.jpg.d17a6f3deca931bfdce34e2a5f29511d.jpg  SJB.jpg.f032e0b315b0e335acf103408a762803.jpg  butterfly.jpg.71c7cc456dfbbae76f15995f00b221ff.jpg  Htoad.jpg.3d40423ae4f226cfcc7e0aba3b331565.jpg  library.jpg.56c23fbd183a19af79384c4b8c431757.jpg  OIP.jpg.163d5efffd320f70f956e9a53f9cd7db.jpg

1 hour ago, PFOOLEY said:

The way it was intended ;)...great collection, Bobby.

Thank you so much @PFOOLEY yes it is hard to put a good ammonite down. :D

You have an astonishing collection of ammonites. I love how well-documented everything is!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

5 hours ago, -Andy- said:

You have an astonishing collection of ammonites. I love how well-documented everything is!

Thank you very much Andy @-Andy- . I would like to pass on the compliment to you.  I have enjoyed very much looking at your Dinosaurs fossil collection. Very informative and you have some stunning fossils. Recently I won the Hell Creek lot on the Grand Christmas auction which I am really happy with. This has now sparked an interest in reading and learning a lot more about Dinosaurs from  the post on TFF

Cheers bobby 

• 3 weeks later...