The best of my Ammonite collection

Bobby Rico

27. Very large Perisphinctes from Madagascar . A very common Ammonite to purchase in the UK , in most gift shops but not at this massive  size, very rare.

image.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

You're right about their being common, and not only in the UK. But they certainly are nicely preserved, although yours appears to have been repaired.

Yeah I noticed the repair but I don’t mind that it looks nice displayed and I would not tell my wife it was she be disappointed .

28. A beautiful positive and negative Marston Marble .

Promicroceras Planicosta.

Marston Magna , Summerset. UK

C9D94BDA-73EE-47E8-BFE4-C4050E7EB1C8.jpeg

On 11/19/2017 at 3:37 PM, Bobby Rico said:

19.Ludwigia Murchisonae

Isle Of Skye

C035A6DB-D4BC-42D3-AE82-23A4F360B879.jpeg

Hmm, this one looks strikingly familiar for some reason. Now where have I seen that before?

Your specimens are exquisite.

On 12/26/2017 at 2:26 PM, Bobby Rico said:

27. Very large Perisphinctes from Madagascar . A very common Ammonite to purchase in the UK , in most gift shops but not at this massive  size, very rare.

image.jpeg

Yes, it is huge. And here I was thinking the ones the size of my palm were big. 

No contest!:faint:

6 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Hmm, this one looks strikingly familiar for some reason. Now where have I seen that before?

Your specimens are exquisite.

Thanks @caldigger is it an classic ammonite . I am hoping to go to Scotland next year and find another one.

10 minutes ago, caldigger said:

Yeah I really like it is about 2inch wide. 

1 hour ago, caldigger said:

So did I till Wikipedia showed me this (not to belittle @Bobby Rico‘s awesome Ammos)

29FFCF84-EF40-4234-A332-E0694728F43A.jpeg

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Quite the collection it's very nice, you have some real beautiful ones.  I am particularly fond of those on matrix just seem more natural and display better.    

On 12/27/2017 at 10:15 AM, Bobby Rico said:

Yeah I noticed the repair but I don’t mind that it looks nice displayed and I would not tell my wife it was she be disappointed .

Very wise! 

wifey's do their best and don't like disappointment. 

Those new ammos are lovely, top marks to Mrs Bobby for effort! :)

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

3 minutes ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Very wise! 

wifey's do their best and don't like disappointment. 

Those new ammos are lovely, top marks to Mrs Bobby for effort! :)

Your not wrong mate. I really like them anyways. Thanks for nice comments as always  :fistbump:

Just now, Bobby Rico said:

Your not wrong mate. I really like them anyways. Thanks for nice comments as always  :fistbump:

S'okay, you can pay me later! :D

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

24 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Quite the collection it's very nice, you have some real beautiful ones.  I am particularly fond of those on matrix just seem more natural and display better.    

Thanks @Troodon Frank . I also prefer them on the matrix, too me they are more interesting to look at. 

Cheers Bobby

On 11/25/2017 at 12:46 PM, Bobby Rico said:

22. Hamites

Gault Clay, Folkestone, Kent. Uk

45FE028B-7E6F-4E29-8DE6-F8365D8ED22D.jpeg

Very nice specimen, but this is a Scaphites and not from the Gault Clay. Its probably from the chalk.

On 31/12/2017 at 3:59 PM, Kosmoceras said:

Very nice specimen, but this is a Scaphites and not from the Gault Clay. Its probably from the chalk.

Thank you . You maybe right found that about 30 years ago. I maybe mix up a bit on labels 

Thank you so much @Kosmoceras  I had a cabinet turned over in a burglary that happened  years ago and had a big mixed up fossil and labels . Found the right label to go this ammonite now. Do you know is it rare , this is the one and only I have found.

I have still have 15 years later got lots of partial trilobites and labels  that I can't make head nor tail of.:D  Maybe The TTF can help me get that info back. 

22.  Scaphites 

Lower Chalk, mid Cenomanian 

Sussex Uk

image.jpeg

Archived