One More Washington Crab

RJB

I started this one today.  Went deep to try and find the carapace and BAM!!!   Hit the dang carapace!!!   I hate that but it does happen.  Here are pics of different stages of prep so far.  got a ways to go but after that monster big concretion from New Zealand, its nice to see progress so soon!! 

RB

LCcrabA.JPG

LCcrabB.JPG

LCcrabC.JPG

LCcrabD.JPG

LCcrabE.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

You win some you lose some, lost a little shell but I think the rests will come out just fine.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Hey @WhodamanHD, i do have a two little boo boo's, and I can hide those purty good, but if I can find some more leg  this may be a very nice B-Grade crab?  I will find out tomorow. 

Oh, those little white spots are just where little tiny drops of oil came out of the scribe and then the dust collects there.  Not a problem at all. 

RB

This crab is like most,,, Gots some problems but looking purty good.  A really good rear end, some really good shell material, a great balance even though it only has 4 legs, and a really good rock surrounding it all!   Still,,,, a b-grade.  This one will be for sale once im done with it.  Ive got about 13 hours into this thing with only about 3 or 4 to go.  You dont get rich doing this.  I just love doing this!!!!

RB

LCcrabF.JPG

Hope mine turns out like that!  Saving my best for last.

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

23 hours ago, crabfossilsteve said:

Gees Ron, I'll bet you that one has more than four legs.  NIce never-the-less

im sure it does have another leg or two.  I thought for sure id run into it/them once I started the rock smoothing? 

22 hours ago, Uncle Siphuncle said:

Hope mine turns out like that!  Saving my best for last

Hey Dan, if its the one i remember seeing, it should be better than this one.  Just hope the claws arent going under the face for you.

RB

Ok, been doing some more washington crabs and not lookin too good!  Dang.  Just the way it is with crabs.  I did bake a really good pecon pie today.  Woooop!  Woooop!   so all is not lost.  Ha!!  :)    here are some pics this first crab im doing, and not done but close and some others im working on too.  All the others have major problems.  :(

RB

LCcrabG.JPG

Well can’t win’em all. They are a lot better than my fossil crab if that makes it any better! Pie heals all wounds, so at least there’s that. Good luck with the one your still doing!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

6 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

Shame about the crabs Ron. Enjoy your pie and have a glass of bourbon to wash it down with

Thanks Johnny boy.  I just wish that all crabs were A-Grade.  The pie looks really good!!!  :)

RB

I always eat PIE, usually multiple pieces, for breakfast on Thanksgiving day.  Mostly pumpkin, but I throw in an occasional pecan, apple, coconut custard, and even mince meat.  Got that taste for mince meat at a tender age. :D

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Just now, JohnBrewer said:

Steak and kidney for me. Proper British grub. Puff pastry top. My wife is a Bostonian and cooks pumpkin pie. I just can’t do it...

Do try the pumpkin pie - it is a delight. I'm sure you can fit a slice of that AND the yorkshire pudding (there's always room for that).

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

6 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

pumpkin pie.

Just finished a slice myself, delicious stuff! You’ll come to the pumpkin side eventually...

Happy hunting,

Mason

2 hours ago, Kane said:

Do try the pumpkin pie

I have several times

2 hours ago, WhodamanHD said:

delicious stuff!

:rofl:

40 minutes ago, gavialboy said:

that is a awesome crab

:dinothumb: At least someone’s talking sense. 

2 hours ago, Kane said:

yorkshire pudding (there's always room for that).

Pie mash and liqueur for me matey, Cockney me. Emigrated to Lancashire (rather than Yorkshire or ‘yorkshire’ as you colonialists may spell it.) I’m from the Saaafeest. Near Brighton actually.  :P

5 minutes ago, JohnBrewer said:

:rofl:

57 minutes ago, gavialboy said:

Aww John, it’s great on a cozy Thanksgiving night with a side of Parkin.:P

Happy hunting,

Mason