Tiny Ammonites ID

Nimravis

On 11/19/2017 at 10:50 PM, KimTexan said:

Oh I know it’s too much. There’s no way I could afford to spend that kind of money on a reference book. I’m a single mom. 

Do you know of any good online digital resources? Google and other places take books that their copyrights have expired and often proved them for free. It seems like a lot of the fossil books are older. More of them should be made available digitally like that. I have a few fossil books like that, but haven’t come across one for Texas ammonites.

@KimTexan, you can buy a new copy of this book off of the Houston Gem and Mineral Society's website for just $20. The only thing is that it may take a few weeks to a little over a month to get to you. It took about a month for me to receive my copy. Here is their website. $375 is an insane price!

• I found this Informative 2

Cool! Thank you so very much for letting me know! I greatly appreciate it.

I think it was your gallery that I was looking at last week and the pics kept saying “yard ammonite” I wasn’t quite sure exactly what that meant until I came to one that said something like “holding up the fence” I got the biggest laugh out of that. I very much like the sense of humor. That might be an “only in Texas” kind of thing.

I enjoyed your ammonites. I enjoy just about any ammonite.

For a while mine were porch ammonites.

My soon to be ex-husband never appreciated fossil, mineral or rock home decor. He never like the outdoors. Having a few in the house was my way of bringing the outdoors in. I’m happiest out in nature almost anywhere. Wish I had a job where I could be outdoors some.

17 minutes ago, KimTexan said:

Cool! Thank you so very much for letting me know! I greatly appreciate it.

I think it was your gallery that I was looking at last week and the pics kept saying “yard ammonite” I wasn’t quite sure exactly what that meant until I came to one that said something like “holding up the fence” I got the biggest laugh out of that. I very much like the sense of humor. That might be an “only in Texas” kind of thing.

I enjoyed your ammonites. I enjoy just about any ammonite.

For a while mine were porch ammonites.

My soon to be ex-husband never appreciated fossil, mineral or rock home decor. He never like the outdoors. Having a few in the house was my way of bringing the outdoors in. I’m happiest out in nature almost anywhere. Wish I had a job where I could be outdoors some.

You're welcome! :D I'm glad that you enjoyed my Ammonites. I hope to be posting more soon. 

Yard Ammonite holding up the fence...now that's funny! 

29 minutes ago, KimTexan said:

Yard Ammonite holding up the fence —Wasn’t that from your collection? 

No, not mine. 

I remember seeing that too. It's here:

I had some yard ammonites holding down a table until some idiot wanted to have a picnic! Now they line a foot-bridge.

DSC_0021.thumb.JPG.38ad271f3bff463837b0d44f1167ee7e.JPG

• I found this Informative 2

He has comments on other ones like “yard dwelling ammonite” and “this one lives out in the yard.” I just thought it was cute/funny.

@BobWillThat is quite a collection of them on the table. What formation/area are most of those found in?

3 hours ago, KimTexan said:

@BobWillThat is quite a collection of them on the table. What formation/area are most of those found in?

The Morts are from the Duck Creek Formation and the Oxys are from the Goodland. Both just down the road here in Cooke County. Bring your pack mule up an get some for the yard :)

7 hours ago, BobWill said:

The Morts are from the Duck Creek Formation and the Oxys are from the Goodland. Both just down the road here in Cooke County. Bring your pack mule up an get some for the yard :)

Is that an invitation to come hunt in your neck of the woods? I’m always open to new hunting spots, but that may be a bit of a trip. Goodland, I think that’s almost a 3 hr trip away. 

22 hours ago, KimTexan said:

Is that an invitation to come hunt in your neck of the woods? I’m always open to new hunting spots, but that may be a bit of a trip. Goodland, I think that’s almost a 3 hr trip away. 

Message sent