garyc

8 minutes ago, Uncle Siphuncle said:

So what’s the wifey have to say about displaying that one in the living room?  Mua ha ha!

She asked where it's going and told her the rest of the house is pretty full; so this goes in the bedroom.......I'm sure we'll compromise somehow.

Make sure to post this in the FOTM contest!!! :wub:

On 11/20/2017 at 1:38 AM, old bones said:

My favorite Pleistocene mammal.  

Woolly rhinos are better :P

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

I must add, my favorite is diprotodon.

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

Nice find Gary...  I was over there about six weeks ago to see the effects of the flooding.  May be worth scouring the immediate area up river.  That piece hasn't traveled far. 

Darrow

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 9:20 PM, garyc said:

Sloth is actually my favorite but I really enjoy finding anything that is not around anymore. 

Thanks, Jeff! Glad you noticed the new avatar.

At first I was wondering if that was a possibility, but I wont go against Harry Pristis, So I say GREAT FIND and possibly a 10% chance it is sloth! :D

On 11/19/2017 at 9:20 PM, garyc said:

Sloth is actually my favorite but I really enjoy finding anything that is not around anymore. 

Thanks, Jeff! Glad you noticed the new avatar.

Congratulations Gary... I have never found a fossil go large.

Actually,  I am partial to whatever fossil happens to drop into my sieve on any particular shovelfull. Sloth and whale lead the pack.

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Archived