Help Identifying

AmyD100963

Hi Amy,

To have a hope of identifying fossils, we need to know where they were collected (not exact GPS coordinates, but a nearby town and the state would do) and the geological age and/or formation.

Don

Hello, Amy, and a very warm welcome to the forum :)

You are very welcome here and it looks like you have some very interesting things to share here.

But we will need more details and perhaps better photos. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

Welcome to TFF.

We need sharp in focus pictures and a scale along with some location information. This will give a better chance of a proper identification.

Regards,

Tony

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Welcome from Maryland!

it looks like you got yourself from limestone with Gastropod fossils. As has been previously stated, better understanding may be provided with provenance. “Location, Location, Location” 

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

As others have said location, but some pictures more similar to the fourth one would be helpful as well (ones where we can see the fossils in detail from multiple angles and a ruler or something similar for size). That said the shape reminds me of some species of pleurotomaria (modern and otherwise), but without more data it’s hard to say.

Archived