CharlotteG

Antwerp sharkteeth

CharlotteG

Here are some others recent finds from the  Begian Antwerp area. Since I can’t make a gallery yet I’m going to show of some pictures over here ;) I really love the colours on these...

514AFD16-C518-4777-8C77-15B83EAE2895.jpeg

F2F9F203-83D8-4C12-B1EE-5AC6EAE81B9E.jpeg

2F7F7C06-6A0A-4C7A-B329-8DDE68C97601.jpeg

0FD29E18-04DE-4193-A403-4FBA6BA970CB.jpeg

6A3F6102-EF02-47DF-A291-F3CFF83B742E.jpeg

CA8AE215-CD3F-48C9-80CB-A09C48B77341.jpeg

717259B9-08C6-476D-9BEE-A69D7A2C25DE.jpeg

6A2A85C5-D9CA-4551-87DA-5C065D8EEB70.jpeg

3AC58F59-0BDE-44D7-94EB-B73B45AD1EC7.jpeg

758BE230-4BCC-4A4A-9D66-8A90A0DF9565.jpeg

Spinosaurus

you have some really nice ones! :meg:

Fossildude19
15 minutes ago, CharlotteG said:

Since I can’t make a gallery yet I’m going to show of some pictures over here ;) I really love the colours on these...

You are nearly there! ;) 

sixgill pete

Beautiful teeth. Thank you for sharing them. Are any of the teeth that look like C. hastalis finely serrated?

ynot

Nice grouping of fossils You have.

Thanks for sharing.

CharlotteG

@sixgill pete No none of the teeth on these pictures have serrations, I found 3 escheri’s at this location but they are all missing the root :(

Edited by CharlotteG

belemniten

Very nice finds :wub:

Congrats :dinothumb:

WhodamanHD

Amazing teeth!:envy:

sixgill pete

@CharlotteG I have several escheri's from Antwerp that I received in a trade years ago. They are beautiful teeth.

thelivingdead531

Wow, those are beautiful! Great finds! :wub:

JohnBrewer

Fab collection :)

jcbshark

Those are some absolutely beautiful teeth, I love the mako with the purple blade :wub:

Gizmo

Great teeth! :)

Jeffrey P

Congratulations. I think you already have sufficient material to create an excellent gallery. It's striking how similar they appear to Chesapeake Bay Miocene finds. You should come here and see. 

CharlotteG

@Jeffrey P I’m quite sure I have sufficient material but as a new member you can only open a gallery after you have posted a sufficient amount of post or our your community reputation is high enough. So I’m still working on that ;) I hope to be able to hunt abroad in the future and travel various foreign fossil hunting spots. For now however I’m stuck hunting Belgium and the near proximity..,

caldigger
47 minutes ago, CharlotteG said:

@Jeffrey P I’m quite sure I have sufficient material but as a new member you can only open a gallery after you have posted a sufficient amount of post or our your community reputation is high enough. So I’m still working on that ;) I hope to be able to hunt abroad in the future and travel various foreign fossil hunting spots. For now however I’m stuck hunting Belgium and the near proximity..,

I wouldn't say you are "stuck" having to dig your area like it's a bad thing.  Many members would give their left arm ( provided that isn't their digging arm) to have have a location like you have available to them.  Very nice pieces!

CharlotteG

@caldigger I didn’t really mean it that harsh, I love hunting the Antwerp area. ;)  

Anomotodon

Awesome teeth! Love the coloration.

Vieira

Congratulations :dinothumb:

Amazing finds.

If you want trade for some Portuguese teeth let me know :D

Coco

Hi,

Very nice !

Coco

Manticocerasman
On ‎26‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:04 PM, CharlotteG said:

nice finds :)

Dont worry, there is plenty of stuff to be found in Belgium :)

are you a member of one of the paleontology clubs in our area?

CharlotteG

@Manticocerasman I’m a member of the GVL (Geologische vereniging Limburg), NVG (Nederlandse Geologische Vereniging) and the WTKG. When I go hunting in Antwerp I mostly go out on my own or with a small group of friends. It’s quite an exceptional hunting area, it’s only on rare occasions clubs organise trips there. 

Manticocerasman
2 minutes ago, CharlotteG said:

@Manticocerasman I’m a member of the GVL (Geologische vereniging Limburg), NVG (Nederlandse Geologische Vereniging) and the WTKG. When I go hunting in Antwerp I mostly go out on my own or with a small group of friends. It’s quite an exceptional hunting area, it’s only on rare occasions clubs organise trips there. 

I'm in the mannagement of the BVP ( Belgische vereniging voor Paleontologie ) , also member of Lithos and HONA.

I'm more of a paleozoic collector, but my girlfriend is a sharktooth collector ( mainly Eoceen ) but last trip was to the Rumst Quarry. not a lot of niece quality teeth, but we got a few decent Hastalis.

CharlotteG

I’m visiting Rumst this weekend, still hope to find a last minute meg tooth this year ;). I never had the opportunity to hunt for eocene shark teeth, I only started to focus on shark teeth at the end of 2015 so most quarries were closed by then (to my knowing). Have been able to buy some residu and a small collection of Egem teeth however. 

Archie

Awesome finds!