NSR find. Need Help

Twinlukers

Hello everyone!! After some researching of bones and fossils found in the Sulphur River Texas area I couldn’t find a good example of What cha doing my love this might be. Please help if you can.. thanks. I have some bone fragments as well to ask about but I wanted to get this one classified. Hope I can get a positive ID.....

EBDA0877-3DDC-45B0-BBB5-DAC5986B904C.jpeg

8B6E0CE8-4AAE-4889-B3A6-4C33E9242502.jpeg

355144DC-C856-494E-A9FB-3F29C0B6FAF1.jpeg

E66427B2-9916-4E9C-851B-3F1F682D4D58.jpeg

9A6C3873-CD6D-4955-8C8A-F928F76C64E6.jpeg

1 minute ago, ynot said:

I still see a clam steinkern. There is a small snail steinkern at the base of the clam also. (visible in picture 3 and 5.)

I suppose it’s possible, the “clam” doesn’t look regular enough to be biological to me especially taking picture 2 into consideration.

*then again looking at picture 4 and 5 I definitely see a clam... I’m confused lol

4 minutes ago, Micah said:

I suppose it’s possible, the “clam” doesn’t look regular enough to be biological to me especially taking picture 2 into consideration.

A steinkern is a cast of the inside of the shell. Picture 2 is the hinge side or back of the inside of the shell.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

17 minutes ago, ynot said:

A steinkern is a cast of the inside of the shell. Picture 2 is the hinge side or back of the inside of the shell.

Thankfully I do know what a steinkern is, the shape of the hinge is much more irregular/asymmetrical than I’m used to seeing. That said, you’ve convinced me haha!