Ashtonishing Conservation...?

MOROPUS

Hi!

Many years ago, I purchased this lonely coral called Cunnolites Tenuiradiata, from the famous late Cretaceous outcrop of Lerida.

The thing is, that I buy it because something called my attention.

Beside his very good conservation...It has some colour traces!

Could someone tell me if you have some natural preserved coral colours? And if this is realistic or artificial?

In this surface you can se some red and blue coloration:

post-62-1248860568_thumb.jpg

post-62-1248860590_thumb.jpg

I have seen shells from the Pleistocene of Florida that still have original colors and some of the shells from the Pleistocene layers in Aurora, North Carolina (especially the volutes) show their original color patterns under SW/LW light.

Guest solius symbiosus

I occasionally find Ordovician original material. HERE is a pic from a thread that I made last winter that has some original color preserved in a bivalve.

CLICK HERE to see the thread.

I have seen shells from the Pleistocene of Florida that still have original colors and some of the shells from the Pleistocene layers in Aurora, North Carolina (especially the volutes) show their original color patterns under SW/LW light.

I have also collected Plio-Pleistocene shells that have traces of color. Also I have collected Eocene shells from Alabama that also show color pattern particularly Caricella doliata, an early volute which shows a typical Scaphella type block pattern

"A problem solved is a problem caused"--Karl Pilkington

"I was dead for millions of years before I was born and it never inconvenienced me a bit." -- Mark Twain