Skin imprint on bone or primitive tool

russob

I am new to this so excuse my lack of terminology. I am looking for help identifying what this is. I picked it up next to a excavation sight that I have pulled hundreds of bones from. I have also found many primitive stone tools in the same location. I found what appeared to be a primitive tool. Upon closer examination I have discovered the top half covered in a leather like impression. I am not certain that this is a tool, or a bone but I am under the assumption that this is a impression of skin on this object. Any information will be helpful.  I will be posting pictures of the amazing bones I have collected in hopes of identifying what dinosaur I have. This was collected in the north Saskatchewan river, just off of the shore. 

20171128_142233_resized.jpg

20171128_142217_resized.jpg

Perhaps it is a snake skin impression left on a mineral, but It would be a pretty massive snake to wrap around all sides of the specimen....When you see the bones Im about to post there may be more to it. I have an entire excavation I am working on, and this was located right in the middle of it. I have not identified what prehistoric reptile I have dug up, and will be looking for help.

1 minute ago, russob said:

Perhaps it is a snake skin impression left on a mineral,

No, it is the way the mineral developes in the ground. No organics are involved, reptile or any other.

Looking forward to seeing what else You have found.

• I found this Informative 1

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.