Prep is just as disorganized

Malcolmt

Well the realm of my future fossils is just as chaotic. I suspect I have years worth of unprepped material here. Need to get my moving ......

I also have a garage full and several shelving units in another room

As you can see they don't look that spectacular prior to getting some love and care.

20171129_140411.thumb.jpg.a6214401944592091869047a6e803021.jpg

20171129_140424.thumb.jpg.4c0e73a5aaf3de3f278790e3ffb14374.jpg

20171129_140507.thumb.jpg.820f12aa5f44ca38679a10fba12c2f09.jpg

20171129_140549.thumb.jpg.7623741bbff9b00dbb93744c5f6679d9.jpg

It's good to see that you're taking care to keep your water heater from floating away. :P I'm always amazed how fast entropy occurs in my lab. I reorganized last week and I'm already a dismal mess again.

Can't be too careful with those water heaters when you're not looking they just up and run away on you. if I recall everything on there is partially prepped

ugh!  I feel you.   I'm finding this process so overwhelming - I find myself looking the other way when I pass my rocks, bones, and fossils room..   Good luck1

Oh my goodness this could be my future! This afternoon I was considering getting a shelf to put in the garage to put my fossils on.

I’ve got boxes of them stacked up.

I have a habit of picking up almost anything that looks like a fossil whether in good shape or not. It’s a “pick up and ask questions later” kind of mentality. But then it’s hard for me to throw out or get rid of the low quality fossils.

I think we need fossil recycling centers. I need a bin along side my trash and recycling bins. One man’s trash may be another’s treasure in the case of fossils.

6 hours ago, Malcolmt said:

Ah...But the crinoid is something different so it does not count

There's always some extra space for dessert :D

14 hours ago, KimTexan said:

Oh my goodness this could be my future! This afternoon I was considering getting a shelf to put in the garage to put my fossils on.

I’ve got boxes of them stacked up.

I have a habit of picking up almost anything that looks like a fossil whether in good shape or not. It’s a “pick up and ask questions later” kind of mentality. But then it’s hard for me to throw out or get rid of the low quality fossils.

I think we need fossil recycling centers. I need a bin along side my trash and recycling bins. One man’s trash may be another’s treasure in the case of fossils.

You have one. Take your cast offs to the nature exchange at the Dallas Zoo. They will take anything for the most part.

Archived