Small piece of baculite a sharks tooth and some others I'm not as sure about...

PatBronson

I found most of these a couple of weekends ago while poking around the North Sulphur River. The small baculite (left side middle piece) was still in a piece of red zone stone when I found it. I found the other three black rocks, were found further up the river all lying fairly close to each other in area of gravel. I can't find any obvious suture lines on them.  The tooth I found last year on a trip to the same location. The other three are probably rocks but the top one has what looks like a micro fossil so I wasn't sure if it might be a coprolite. Any help here is greatly appreciated. 

DSC_2493.jpg

DSC_2494.jpg

A couple of closer shots

DSC_2495.jpg

DSC_2496.jpg

It would help if You picture the items separately and number them for reference.

Top and bottom right side, top left side-- maybe coprolite (?) @GeschWhat, @Carl

Other 3 black pieces -- Baculite pieces (?)

Piece next to quarter -- concretion, not a fossil.

I do not know about the shark tooth ID.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

The bottom light one looks geologic to me, the other 2 light ones look a lot like coprolites, but I’m not a pro. The tooth is a nice find. I have yet to find a tooth out there. 

The bottom black one doesn’t look like anything to me other than a piece of phosphatized rock.

I have been hunting out there a few times. @JarrodB for tooth ID. He hunts out there quite a bit..

• I found this Informative 1

4 minutes ago, ynot said:

It would help if You picture the items separately and number them for reference.

Top and bottom right side, top left side-- maybe coprolite (?) @GeschWhat, @Carl

Other 3 black pieces -- Baculite pieces (?)

Piece next to quarter -- concretion, not a fossil.

I do not know about the shark tooth ID.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely do that in the future and I definitely appreciate the help!

They all look like possible coprolites to me.

(except for the tooth, obviously). 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

I don't think any of them are coprolite. They all look to be suggestively shaped rocks in my opinion (other than the worn tooth). The black one on the top left that appears to be pinched off looks most like coprolite to me but I would have to see better pics. 

No doubt, this one looks similar to an ironstone concretion from the same location, so I'll take out from the list of possible fossils/ichnofossils. :)

a.thumb.jpg.076257335120317126696661f71eef82.jpggallery_3940_931_234889.thumb.jpg.643d61da0839a064446583d0cd4bddf8.jpg

comparative picture from http://www.thefossilforum.com/index.php?/gallery/image/21317-iron-stone-concretions-from-the-nsr/

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library