Post Oak Creek 11/26/17

Buffalo Bill Cody

I’m just going to post up my stuff in Cody’s thread instead of starting my own. Great day on Post Oak maybe the best I’ve had yet.  With finding my largest/best ptychodus yet along with several large partial sharks teeth.  Though Cody’s teeth took the day as I’ve never seen 2 teeth that size and condition come out of there.

09593B35-AAF1-4B54-9E9D-66D18D138E0A.jpeg

93A982FF-39DD-487D-B43F-BEE380A81FDA.jpeg

Post Oak Creek just keeps delivering, doesn't it?  Very nice finds!  I'm going to have to get out that way one of these days.  After all, it is less than an hour's drive from me.

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

10 minutes ago, Fruitbat said:

Post Oak Creek just keeps delivering, doesn't it?  Very nice finds!  I'm going to have to get out that way one of these days.  After all, it is less than an hour's drive from me.

-Joe

We were a little surprised by the quality as we usually find much more shards than perfect teeth and much smaller.  Cody’s big one was at the base of an area that is used to enter the creek.  Dozens of people must have walked over it so there’s always something.

As for you being only an hour away you have no excuse because I live in TN.  Get out there and get some teeth.

Well...I do have a few other less well-traveled spots in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area that produce a couple of nice shark-type chompers from time-to-time but, to be honest, my main area of interest is actually Pleistocene mammalian remains and, while Post Oak Creek does occasionally produces a bit of that kind of material (mostly bits and pieces of shattered/broken teeth), there are plenty of much more rewarding places to find Pleistocene fossils in this region. And no...before you ask...I'm NOT telling! :D

-Joe

Illigitimati non carborundum

Fruitbat's PDF Library

39 minutes ago, Fruitbat said:

Well...I do have a few other less well-traveled spots in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area that produce a couple of nice shark-type chompers from time-to-time but, to be honest, my main area of interest is actually Pleistocene mammalian remains and, while Post Oak Creek does occasionally produces a bit of that kind of material (mostly bits and pieces of shattered/broken teeth), there are plenty of much more rewarding places to find Pleistocene fossils in this region. And no...before you ask...I'm NOT telling! :D

-Joe

Feel free to PM me details.  It’ll be our secret.  

It does seem that many creeks in N. TX have the potential for all kinds of stuff if you look hard enough.  I’m still trying to find my secret spots.

Nice finds for a creek that hasn't been washed in weeks. Last time i was out there, i was having such a hard time finding fossils i ended up spending most of the day riding the quad and exploring. I did end up finding the old bottle dump in the woods that i have always wondered about.

19 hours ago, Koldsimer said:

Nice finds for a creek that hasn't been washed in weeks. Last time i was out there, i was having such a hard time finding fossils i ended up spending most of the day riding the quad and exploring. I did end up finding the old bottle dump in the woods that i have always wondered about.

I think it may be more than one bottle dump there because I found one at an out of the way spot there in the woods.