NE Oklahoma SW Missouri

oldtimer

Looking for others in the area to get out in the field with.  Also looking if there are groups or clubs in the area.  We find fossils local to the Grand Lake NE Oklahoma area but want to learn more.  Do not know anyone in this area and am looking to meet others.  Also looking for areas to hunt.

• Fossildude19 changed the title to NE Oklahoma SW Missouri

I am not sure about places right next to NE Oklahoma. As of geology clubs and whatnot, I don't know. I live in NE Kansas, which is not too far away. When you go on I-70 through the area, the road cuts have big exposures of Permian and Pennsylvanian limestone full of fossils. We usually get a lot of shells/brachiopods and whatnot here. Lots of good fishing by where I live too. What kinds of fossils do you all find in NE Oklahoma? 

CD

Hi,

Currently live in Memphis but work often takes me into SW Missouri.  Drove through last Wednesday.  I noticed some road cuts that a couple people looked to be digging in.  Almost pulled over.  I would also like to learn more of the area.  Occasionally I would be able to do some hunting if you’d like to meet up.