9 year ammonite prep!!!

RJB

I ran into this ammo again just a month ago or two?   Found this many years ago and put it away cause it was in bad shape!  This thing was in about 4 or 5 pieces and the intire fragmacone along with the appature opening was covered in rock.  i did a bit of prep here and there over the last month or so  and then began to realize that this just may turn out purty good?  It is a bit crushed on the fragmacone but the more work I did on it the better it became!!!    Now its a keeper!!    Im not sure but I think this its spedini?  Fox Hills Formation. Oh, it measures 4.5 inches at its widest points.

RB

DSCN1337.JPG

DSCN1338.JPG

• I found this Informative 1

18 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Sure is a nice one, Ron. Sometimes it's amazing what turns up when you just keep on digging.

You know ... you aren't kidding.  I honestly think RB you could just charge to hunt your sheds !  RB Fossil Adventure Tours plastered on a big sign right outside the door.  I bet you'd have rock hounds lining up fer miles around.  You could hire one of those fellas in the inflatable dinosaur suits too. 

Just thinking out loud mind you.

Cheers,

B

PS. Good Lord that is a pretty specimen.

19 hours ago, RJB said:

I ran into this ammo again just a month ago or two?   Found this many years ago and put it away cause it was in bad shape!  This thing was in about 4 or 5 pieces and the intire fragmacone along with the appature opening was covered in rock.  i did a bit of prep here and there over the last month or so  and then began to realize that this just may turn out purty good?  It is a bit crushed on the fragmacone but the more work I did on it the better it became!!!    Now its a keeper!!    Im not sure but I think this its spedini?  Fox Hills Formation. Oh, it measures 4.5 inches at its widest points.

RB

1 hour ago, Ludwigia said:

Sure is a nice one, Ron. Sometimes it's amazing what turns up when you just keep on digging.

Thank you Ludwigia. 

1 hour ago, KimTexan said:

That is a beauty!

Thanks Kim

13 minutes ago, Brett Breakin' Rocks said:

You know ... you aren't kidding.  I honestly think RB you could just charge to hunt your sheds !  RB Fossil Adventure Tours plastered on a big sign right outside the door.  I bet you'd have rock hounds lining up fer miles around.  You could hire one of those fellas in the inflatable dinosaur suits too.

Sounds good, but im a very private man.  I dont think that will work.  Sounds good though. 

RB

That thing is ugly, Ron.  You should get rid of it.  I think you have my address.  Send it over at any time.  I'll put t with my ugly fossils, that way your shelves won'y get too heavy.  

Yup, that's me... always concerned for y fellow fossilers.  

That is amazingly stunning ammonite . Presistance has payed off. Can you prep me one please , I will pay you In advance 2026:D

cheers bobby

Gots some funny peeps here on the forum.  :)     I will take all this as a big compliment.  Thanks

RB