My first Trilobite

Dewbunny

Bought this lil guy today at the rock show. He's about 2 1/4 inch long. Still has a lot of its face covered. Anyone know his breed so I can narrow down his name and birthday and is it possible to clean him up any more than he is without harm.

20171203_180155.jpg

20171203_180108.jpg

Kinda looks like a puppy,lol

20171203_180258.jpg

Flexicalymene ouzregui from Morocco. Ordovician in age, likely from the Anti-Atlas Mountain region. :) 

• I found this Informative 7

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

Very cool! That’s next on my list to search for. I have a feeling it takes a lot of breaking rocks to find something of that level though. 

16 hours ago, bmitchell887 said:

Very cool! That’s next on my list to search for. I have a feeling it takes a lot of breaking rocks to find something of that level though. 

About two and a half hours to your West is wardensville, the site there has relatively common trilos, I didn’t have to end of breaking any rocks to find a few (only one full but it was a roller and the matrix there is to soft to prep much, also it was on a hash of trilo-bits)

16 hours ago, Dewbunny said:

Nice! I’ve got one but it’s a  composite...

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

19 minutes ago, Kane said:

Flexicalymene ouzregui from Morocco. Ordovician in age, likely from the Anti-Atlas Mountain region. :) 

A more detailed description is: Flexicalymene ouzregui DESTOMBES, 1966 - from the Upper Ordovician (Ashgill) of the Upper Ktaoua Formation, Maïder Region, Morocco.

• I found this Informative 1

Regards, Jason

"Trilobites survived for a total of three hundred million years, almost the whole duration of the Palaeozoic era: who are we johnny-come-latelies to label them as either ‘primitive’ or ‘unsuccessful’? Men have so far survived half a per cent as long."  - Richard Fortey, Trilobite: Eyewitness to Evolution.

@Dewbunny yeah sorry. Newbie here and was commenting off someone else’s comments. Still pretty cool, especially with the whole side exposed the way it is.