Tucson Fossil Show 2018

Troodon

56 minutes ago, siteseer said:

I've used the shuttles in the past.  They run mostly on time but the drivers are often delayed by someone asking for directions or a tip on a decent restaurant or some other question.  You just need to know where you want to go because the shuttles run particular routes and not all the places you'll want to visit are on the same route.  You plan to spend one day one one route.  Sometimes, you don't mind if the shuttle is late because you get a chance to sit and a friend you haven't seen a while might walk by.

Also, make sure you keep an eye on the time because the shuttles stop running around dinnertime.  You want to be back where you started by that time.

Jess

Excellent info, just what I wanted to know.  At my age I’m not too worried about missing the last shuttle, I will need an afternoon nap long before that. :faint:

Being local to the show gives me an advantage over most that I have the opportunity to see the dealers as they get into town before they set up.   Picked up my first dinosaur specimen a beautiful foot ungual from a Maiasaura from the Two Medicine Formation.  No it's not missing a wing it's very natural no work has been done on it but cleanup.   The seller had the opposing ungual and wanted to keep it.  It was very similar to this one just a very unusual but very shape.   I know it's Maiasaura because of the ridge on the ventral surface and it was found in the bone bed adjacent to where Bambiraptor was found which is from that dinosaur.

5a638b203055d_MiaUngual_ee.thumb.jpg.28107758d59a41ea93d973cceaf26343.jpg

• I found this Informative 4