Carnotaurus tooth

indominus rex

Guys, I just want to know whether it is really a Carnotaurus tooth because I haven't really seen them before

image.png.b7ceeb3a4ed337f429bf912259b7129e.png

(Edit:I had to put this new picture because I am indirectly advertising the auction site

Life started in the ocean. And so did my interest in fossils;).

There is not much that can be said with the information provided.  One of the most important pieces of the puzzle is to know the location of where this tooth was found and the geologic formation it was in.  There are numerous Abelsaurids in Argentina which are locality/age dependent.  I also would like to see additional close-up photos of tooth, serrations and base in better lighting.  

Carcharodontosaurids are also present in these faunas and teeth can easily be confused with Abelsaurids.

My experience with South American theropod teeth, when they were legal to be exported, was that local diggers were not very knowledgeable where they collected and local buyers put recognizable names (like Carnotaurus) to sell them internationally.

I looked for this all over the site to add the second image but could not find it looks like it's been taken down.

12 hours ago, Haravex said:

I looked for this all over the site to add the second image but could not find it looks like it's been taken down.

Well it appears that there is a proud owner out there of a "theropod indet" from Argentina or possibly the Kem Kem without a closer look at that preservstion.

19 hours ago, JohnBrewer said:

I can’t see any images 

Looks like it was just removed not much to tell from image

Edit Its back

Why did it suddenly get removed I did not do that?

it could be because without meaning to you are indirectly advertising the said auction site. edited so you can removed original.

Untitled-1.png

29 minutes ago, Haravex said:

it could be because without meaning to you are indirectly advertising the said auction site. edited so you can removed original.

Untitled-1.png

Thanks for the new image

Archived