Search for Leptophyllon barocum Eliasova 1974 from the type locations of the Czech Republic.

Pachy

With respect to these materials I would like to make a request.
I would need materials from type locations to compare it with my Spanish materials.
These type localities are the following:

image.png.73b55c8a9a702160b64ca50f97c58f5d.png

image.png.85c1740fd9f774aa7a3a1292e06e1e5e.png
All in the Czech Republic.
Kurdejov.
https://www.google.es/maps/place/693+01+Kurdějov,+Chequia/@48.9415666,16.7167624,12z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4712cfffcc1f9c73:0x400af0f66154ec0!8m2!3d48.9577738 ! 4d16.7634562
Zdanice.
https://www.google.es/maps/place/696+32+Ždánice,+Chequia/@49.0676782,16.9596931,12z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4712dfcee745f5e5:0xb8aa863c5409004e!8m2!3d49.0672871! 4d17.0275188
Zdounky
https://www.google.es/maps/place/768+02+Zdounky,+Chequia/@49.2308009,17.2656444,12z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x471303747237e693:0x3a063fffb2dc905b!8m2!3d49.2277083!4d17.3189958
If someone owns these procurrent materials from these locations and wants to exchange it for any type of fossil, donate it for the greater glory of science or any type of "exchange" that occurs to him, he already knows where there is an interested in it. Standard procedure: personal message and we talk.

I apologize for the spelling of the locations, for the tirade, for requesting something that seems difficult and strange, and for the rest of my crazy things. Without forgetting the fact that I express myself very badly in English.

Greetings to all.

Pachy

21 hours ago, Pachy said:

Without forgetting the fact that I express myself very badly in English.

Very wrong! From this post, it seems like your English is great ;)

Oh, by the way that is a very precise request. If someone does have one for you, consider yourself lucky!

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Oh, by the way that is a very precise request. If someone does have one for you, consider yourself lucky!

21 hours ago, Pachy said:

for requesting something that seems difficult and strange, and for the rest of my crazy things.

I know.

But I already have none, maybe that's how I get one. It is difficult but it is worse not to try. Who knows.

It's even harder, like in the circus, because with one I'm not worth it. I need at least two, preferably more.

And I also have to be lucky that it are well preserved inside. In my land we say: the subject is f..... up. (Está jodido el tema).:hearty-laugh:

I know.

On 6/12/2017 at 7:28 PM, Pachy said:

With respect to these materials I would like to make a request.
I would need materials from type locations to compare it with my Spanish materials.

All in the Czech Republic.

I apologize for the spelling of the locations, for the tirade, for requesting something that seems difficult and strange

It is actually a very specific request but it is also a very interesting one. I myself posses Spanish material which needs to be contrasted with  topotype material of  Eliasova 1974.  The only way to reach valid consistent conclusions is by examining and processing specimens collected at the same locations where the holotypes were. The access to type material deposited in museums is out of reach for an amateur.  However, co-operation between fossil lovers willing to share and give a hand  can compensate for the limitations in resources. 

Sorry for the long introduction.

I can only contribute  by showing what I think is the exact location of the outcrop which provided the specimens studied by Eliasova and which are the object of the request made by Pachy. Information extracted from the Czech Geological Survey (http://www.geology.cz)

The outcrop described as "level U majáku north of Kurdejov" in Eliasova 1974 (on the south flank of the level U majáku 401m, 250m south of the level and 1500m north of the church of Kurdejov), where the holotype of Leptophyllon barocum comes from,  would be related to this geological locality http://lokality.geology.cz/682&l=e  (English version)

The exact location, according to my research, would be the following: http://drusop.nature.cz/ost/chrobjekty/zchru/index.php?SHOW_ONE=1&ID=14527 (interactive map in Czech language, which unfortunally I do not understand). There are plenty of features that might be useful for local people interested in the deal.

5a2dc53aa4932_umajku.png.34830070c5e80dfff8d8c4c5fb34f187.png

Source of image: AOPK ČR

Best wishes

Pierrette

• I found this Informative 1

Pierrette

Perfect. :fingerscrossed:

I would like to make a small reflection about this matter.
As Pierrete explained, the objective of this petition is to obtain topotypic material from the type locality to compare it with alleged topotical material from Spain.
These materials are not described in Spain, it would therefore be a first ocurrence of this species of coral described in Spain.
I want to show that with few means but with much desire we can get good results and claim amateur science. In fact, I think we can get better results than those obtained by the official science cloistered in it´s pedestal. I refer to the facts, they have not done it and we can do it.
In official science there is everything, good, regular, bad and very bad. In amateur science the same. We want to do it well and for that we need these materials.
We will never have access to type materials, as amateurs are it´s impossible. But we can try this and that is what we are doing.
Colleagues from the Czech Republic or from neighboring countries, I ask you to lend us a hand. It´s for a good cause.

I ask that if you are going to do this, do it legally. Respecting the laws on heritage of the Czech Republic, the possible private property of the land that we have indicated and any type of restriction on the particular. Including the request for adequate permits and other requirements. I wouldn´t like anyone to get into trouble because of this.
Greetings to all.
Pachy.