One lobster for friend

RJB

Last January I was givin a box of fossil lobster concretions.  I told the guy to give me year and I would bring him back a prepped out lobster as long as i could keep the rest.  Most of them made it to the trash can.  Very hard to get a decent fossil lobster!!!   This one is not the best, but far from the worst.  This one was actually good enough to prep.  here it is.  I think he's gunna like it?  :)

RB

DSCN1344.JPG

Well, if he doesn't like it, I'll take it, Ron. ;)  :D  :P 

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

12 hours ago, RJB said:

Very hard to get a decent fossil lobster!!!  

@RJB , I had the privilege of prepping a lobster concretion. It was fun but very frustrating.  But hearing that it is "hard to get a decent lobster" , I can quit blaming myself as much as I do for a prep that reveals a nice claw and an acceptable tail but otherwise not so good. However, it still amazes people when I show them the lobster, so it can't be that bad!!!!

11 hours ago, Troodon said:

Super job where is it from?

He didnt say.  He got this box of concs from someone else a few years ago and he is not a prepper.  From the matrix i can tell its from the Pierre Shale.  Thats my best guess anyway.

14 minutes ago, minnbuckeye said:

@RJB , I had the privilege of prepping a lobster concretion. It was fun but very frustrating.  But hearing that it is "hard to get a decent lobster" , I can quit blaming myself as much as I do for a prep that reveals a nice claw and an acceptable tail but otherwise not so good. However, it still amazes people when I show them the lobster, so it can't be that bad!!!!

Hey Minnbucjkeye, it takes about 15 to 20 concs to get a decent lobster, unless you have unbelivable luck.

And thanks to every one else with the kind compliments.

RB

Archived