Quick fossil trip to the bay today.  

Found a nice megalodon only to be outdone by finding my largest and nicest cow shark tooth!

small video of the action...

LIFE IS SHORT...HUNT HARD!!!

AWESOME video, man! So Coooooool!  I'm in the Ordovician in the middle of the USA and will probably NEVER get to hunt for sharks teeth in the ocean, but you just took me hunting! THANK YOU!!!!!!! This was GREAT! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!  :-D

The more I learn, I realize the less I know.

:wacko:

Go to my

Gallery for images of Fossil Jewelry, Sculpture & Crafts

Pinned Posts:

Sweeeeet!!!  I wanna play in the water..  Bev, i'll pick you up on the way over.

Those are some nice teeth. It really pays to slow down and take your time. Thanks for the post.

@Terphunter goodness gracious! You're making me so jealous that I moved from Maryland to Utah right now! Way to go! Seems like the winter is always a good time to hunt. Not a lot of folks go out there, with freshly fallen formation, and you scored big time.

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Thanks all!  

Fossil-Hound I’m sure Utah has some cool things to explore!  At the very least you could take up shed hunting(one of my favorite things to do!)  and depending on your location in Utah you could find both deer, elk, and moose antlers!

This was my Maryland season last year...

0B0822F6-4481-4055-BB5A-032D52722155.jpeg

14 hours ago, Terphunter said:

Quick fossil trip to the bay today.  

Found a nice megalodon only to be outdone by finding my largest and nicest cow shark tooth!

small video of the action...

Seem to have lost the link.

Got any pictures?

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

Thanks all!

I don’t have any pictures on my phone at the moment!  I will get some more.

Nice bluegrass on the video.  How cold is the water & do you guys hunt all winter up there?  I grew up South of DC but didn't start hunting till I reached FL.  I need to head up there again soon!

Either one could have been a trip maker. Together, that's one helluva day. Congratulations. For me the cow shark tooth is the better find- an outstanding specimen. Thanks for sharing. 

Very cool! The video was nice too. I agree with Jeffrey P: the cow shark is even more awesome ;)

Max Derème

"I feel an echo of the lightning each time I find a fossil. [...] That is why I am a hunter: to feel that bolt of lightning every day."

- Mary Anning >< Remarkable Creatures, Tracy Chevalier

Instagram: @world_of_fossils

Very very nice finds and Hey next time your down calvert way if you wanna wander somewhere other than brownies let me know im always looking for excuses to walk

Great finds, great video. I hunt and live on the peace river, yet to find a meg bigger than that, are the cow shark teeth common up there? In all my hunting, I have found ONE. That looks cold! Great trip makers! 

P1010118.JPG

PB030008.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Nice Meg and Cow from the Cal. Cliffs!

Every single fossil you see is a miracle set in stone, and should be treated as such.

Archived