Winner of the November 2017 Vertebrate Find Of The Month!

Cris

Well done, Skye! Probably the best part of moving to Aus so far, right? :P

"Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe" - Saint Augustine

"Those who can not see past their own nose deserve our pity more than anything else."

5 minutes ago, Ash said:

Well done, Skye! Probably the best part of moving to Aus so far, right? :P

Nah, I found a keeper for a life partner :wub:

But this comes close :ninja:

Thanks everyone-this is my first vertebrate win, and not for lack of trying :D There's been some tough competition out there! And Ash is right, this was a particularly exciting find! Funny thing is, I was arbitrarily stating how I would love to find a croc jaw with teeth all season, despite the ridiculous odds....

And now we've found that what Ash was hoping for all season was found not twenty meters away from this find at about the same time... It was left in a plaster jacket due to the advice of others indicating it was something more mundane until the other day when we found out it was anything but :ninja: !!!

But until it is prepped to see the light of day, I will reveal no more! 

Thanks again everyone, and congrats to the other contestants for their impressive finds!

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

Congratulations, Skyelar!

This one's a beauty! :) 

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

Awesome piece Skyelar, congrats on FOTM:fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

Congratulations, that is the find of a lifetime.

Maybe your TFF namesake knew the desire of your heart and wanted to bless you with it.

Awesome find, well worth the win! Congrats @Jesuslover340!

“...whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been and are being evolved.” ~ Charles Darwin

Happy hunting,

Mason

:yay-smiley-1:Congrats Skylar!!!:yay-smiley-1:

That croc jaw is just awesome!

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Congratulations on the win! Had I not felt compelled to vote for my own entry, I was definitely going to vote for yours.

Hi,

Congrats Skyelar ! Lucky woman !

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Congrats on the win! :)

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library

20 hours ago, Haravex said:

Congratulations for something like this to be found in Australia is an almost once in a lifetime find.

It is!

20 hours ago, KimTexan said:

Congratulations, that is the find of a lifetime.

Maybe your TFF namesake knew the desire of your heart and wanted to bless you with it.

;)

Thanks so much, everyone! Surprised so many know how to properly spell my name :P  It is nice that such a small detail is known by members I have known for so long on the Forum that I would consider them friends-and it is proof such a sense is not blindly founded :)

"Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."
-Romans 14:19

Archived