Gift boxes from Mazon Creek and Florida

Tex

I received not 1, but 3 gift boxes from our very own Nimravis. I was in Kuwait when he sent them, so I had him ship them to my parents house for safe keeping until I got home. I was VERY excited. 2 of the boxes were from Mazon Creek. My favorite is the 2 jellyfish. they are to the far right. 1 above the other. To the left of the small jellyfish is a piece of coprolite. At the bottom are unopened concretions. I have them freezing at the moment to try the freeze/thaw method to see if anything is in them. There are also ferns, a clam, and bark.

IMG_E5602.thumb.JPG.0285427de733f61c442be429fe353fd5.JPG

The other bow was "about 22 Florida Pliocene shells from 16 different species"

IMG_E5603.thumb.JPG.5d4692ce00ce8e53b71846a70bb5b3e1.JPG

Thank you, Nimravis, VERY much. My son and I really appreciate this very much.

Very nice gifts

"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence"_ Carl Sagen

No trees were killed in this posting......however, many innocent electrons were diverted from where they originally intended to go.

" I think, therefore I collect fossils." _ Me

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."__S. Holmes

"can't we all just get along?" Jack Nicholson from Mars Attacks

@Tex - Matt, I am very glad that you are home safe and thanks again for your Service. I am happy that you like the fossils, if you are ever looking for anything else, let me know.

What a thoughtful and selfless gesture. Wonderful.

~Charlie~

"There are those that look at things the way they are, and ask why.....i dream of things that never were, and ask why not?" ~RFK
->Get your Mosasaur print
->How to spot a fake Trilobite
->How to identify a CONCRETION from a DINOSAUR EGG

Archived