Bobby Rico
12 minutes ago, Tate Museum said:

And now it tells me I am only allowed to upload 3.95mb, so I can't finish the tale.  : (

Try replying again just like you did on your second post you should be able to add pictures then.

Thanks for posting, great stuff @Tate Museum

Troodon
17 minutes ago, Tate Museum said:

And now it tells me I am only allowed to upload 3.95mb, so I can't finish the tale.  : (

Just add additional photos in the reply they are great pictures 

@jpc  finally working?:)

Troodon

Thanks for posting, very cool

@Tate Museum

Bobby Rico

Thank you @Troodon @Tate Museum Fantastic post .

A great story about Lee rex , the 3D scan is beautiful too. 

I was  very happy to see some of my all time favourite animals in this creatures feature the big man himself Bigfoot an Dimetrodon borealis. 

Really enjoy this week fossil friday as always.

Tidgy's Dad

@Troodon, @Tate Museum Thanks for giving us the best Dinosaur Fossil Friday yet. 

Awesome stuff. 

Tate Museum
On 1/5/2018 at 1:16 PM, Tidgy's Dad said:

@Troodon, @Tate Museum Thanks for giving us the best Dinosaur Fossil Friday yet. 

Awesome stuff. 

Glad you liked it.  There are more to show off, but that is by far the most impressive.  

PFOOLEY

Thank you, sir. :)

Tidgy's Dad

Oh, goody! 

It's Friday again! 

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Bobby Rico

Fossil Friday thank you @Troodon for posting some more wonderful  Natural History treasures . The crocodile scull Leidyosuchus  is so recognisable it is hard to believe it is 76 million years old.

Even Mrs Rico has started casting her eyes over this post, every week and enjoying it. 

Have a nice weekend all of TFF

Bobby Rico

Brilliant more please and I love The Museum of Natural Sciences in Brussels incredible collection.

thank you @LordTrilobite

jpc
7 hours ago, Troodon said:

Hoplophoneus is working on that daily push-ups goal, too.  Tate Museum, Wyoming

DSz2tqsVMAAkZcY.thumb.jpeg.fd86aa892a6a5f9a6dca586f1565b7bf.jpeg

Did you take this photo?  This guy collapsed a few weeks/months ago and is in sick bay right now being remounted.  It is Fossil Friday, I am sure that TFF member Tate Museum will put something up today after i eat lunch.   

Troodon
14 minutes ago, jpc said:

Did you take this photo?  This guy collapsed a few weeks/months ago and is in sick bay right now being remounted.  It is Fossil Friday, I am sure that TFF member Tate Museum will put something up today after i eat lunch.   

Oh that's bad, too many push-ups:ighappy:?  I wish him a speedy recovery.  Its a post by the Tate Museum that I grabbed.

jpc
  • Here is the same Hoplophoneus specimen that troodon just posted, in sick bay.  That blob to the left of his lower jaws is part of the mount, and his front foot protruding form behind it.  This is a cast of a specimen from the White River Fm at  Douglas, Wyoming.
  • .IMG_6148.jpg.58fd631cfc6bbd9c76ff986ca4dfaa0d.jpg 
  • It was badly mounted to begin with... in an unnatural pose.  It would have to dislocate its shoulder blades to be in the  crouch position in troodon's photo.  
  •  

Troodon

I'm sure he is in good hands and will soon will rejoin the rest of the his sketal buddies.  Thanks for sharing sickbay

BTW next week I will have proof that cretaceous dinosaurs are still among us, no not birds....

jpc
1 hour ago, Troodon said:

I'm sure he is in good hands and will soon will rejoin the rest of the his sketal buddies.  Thanks for sharing sickbay

BTW next week I will have proof that cretaceous dinosaurs are still among us, no not birds....

Ooohh, a cliff hanger....  

Tidgy's Dad
15 minutes ago, Tate Museum said:

Here is my Dinosaur Fossil Friday contributon for the week.  And I want you all to think about how this came to be... yes, this one comes with a homework assignment. 

This is from a Barosaurus specimen we are collecting and slowly prepping from south of Casper.  It is from the Morrison Fm, late Jurassic.  This bone is a cervical rib.  It is supposed to be straight.  Yes, this is the way we found it.  How did it get this crooked.  That is your essay question.   There are others form this quarry that are even crookeder. (Is that a word?)

5a59371116f5c_bentcerv.jpg.56c29d0fcc81dc7a0b0c64b662b59d07.jpg

The second photo here shows the bone in the field starting to be exposed.  

P6150118.jpg.381d993166ff93f4ffa810745c297646.jpg

The cervical vertebrae on this thing are scary... full of delicate features and a mere 3 1/2 feet long.  

Boshed by another dinosaur and then the rib healed? 

Bobby Rico
Just now, Tidgy's Dad said:

Boshed by another dinosaur and then the rib healed? 

That is some serious amount of boshing . :megalodon_broken01: painfully