Where can I buy dinosaur fossils from the hell creek formation

Baryonyx

Hello, where can I buy dinosaur fossils from the Hell Creek formation for fair prices? I am having trouble finding a website that offers some good dinosaur fossils.

Sounds like you've already done a search. So what is your definition of fair price and good fossils.  What type of items are you looking for from the HC?

8 hours ago, Troodon said:

Sounds like you've already done a search. So what is your definition of fair price and good fossils.  What type of items are you looking for from the HC?

Well for example a small rex tooth under 500$. When I was in the natural history museum in Berlin I saw some fossils in the shop. I bought a triceratops phalang in good condition for 130$ that would be a fair price. I am just looking for fossils under 1000$.

What you are asking for sounds simple enough but not a simple answer.  Rex teeth are priced very high, its just the market  and the rule of thumb is $1000 an inch (2.5 CM) depending on their Quality.  Dealers are always looking for them but smaller teeth just are not around as much and sell quickly because of their lower price.  Even partial fat tips sell for ridiculous prices.  Smaller teeth pop on auction sites and that's probably the best place to find them.  If you are not that sure it's properly identified post it here for an ID.  The same is true for bones, auction sites where diggers sell is a good opportunity to find them. I will send you a PM with a few dealers that I can recommend but most like to specialize in teeth because they marketable but carry bones.   For me the best place to purchase dinosaur material is shows and the Tucson one is the best for HC material.  You can see and touch the specimen and talk with the dealer.   In Europe the Munich show in the fall is good and there is at least one in France but Hell Creek material is probably limited.  Honestly it takes work to find the right material which meets your needs.

3 hours ago, Baryonyx said:

Well for example a small rex tooth under 500$. When I was in the natural history museum in Berlin I saw some fossils in the shop. I bought a triceratops phalang in good condition for 130$ that would be a fair price. I am just looking for fossils under 1000$.

39 minutes ago, Troodon said:

What you are asking for sounds simple enough but not a simple answer.  Rex teeth are priced very high, its just the market  and the rule of thumb is $1000 an inch (2.5 CM) depending on their Quality.  Dealers are always looking for them but smaller teeth just are not around as much and sell quickly because of their lower price.  Even partial fat tips sell for ridiculous prices.  Smaller teeth pop on auction sites and that's probably the best place to find them.  If you are not that sure it's properly identified post it here for an ID.  The same is true for bones, auction sites where diggers sell is a good opportunity to find them. I will send you a PM with a few dealers that I can recommend but most like to specialize in teeth because they marketable but carry bones.   For me the best place to purchase dinosaur material is shows and the Tucson one is the best for HC material.  You can see and touch the specimen and talk with the dealer.   In Europe the Munich show in the fall is good and there is at least one in France but Hell Creek material is probably limited.  Honestly it takes work to find the right material which meets your needs.

There are some great deals on our favorite auction site for very nice rex teeth from Uzbekistan . 

1 hour ago, steelhead9 said:

There are some great deals on our favorite auction site for very nice rex teeth from Uzbekistan . 

Be careful with those teeth some are restored and some missing serrations which makes identification problematic.   The bigger ones are from the Tyrannosaurid:  Timurlengia euotica.

One auction seller has a bunch of rex material for sale but does not ship to europe.

Archived