Nothosaurus from Madagascar

Crazyhen

Hi, this is said to be a specimen of Nothosaurus from Madagascar.  It is enclosed in a geode.  Any idea what species is it?  And if it is genuine?

CSFA4390[1].JPG

FNSA3936[1].JPG

WCUE2259[1].JPG

Hi, like ynot said, that is not a geode, but a concretion. Geodes must be hollow to qualified as one. As for the fossil, the ID might be questionable. We can't know for sure if that's a nothosaurid, and as far as I know, nothosaurids do not exist in Madagascar (might be wrong, just give me a reliable source reporting a discovery of one from Madagascar).

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

Now I see it's a concretion.  Thanks. I don't see the skull, either it is still embedded inside the concretion as this clearly was not prepped properly or it's a broken one.  What I can say for sure that this concretion is from Madagascar.

Not sure the accuracy or completeness of this document but here is another trissac exposure in madagascar and there also the Isalo Fm.  Not sure if these are just terrestrial exposures.

Screenshot_2017-12-11-18-54-09.thumb.jpg.245688e9bbacc980f26cb3a2979a068e.jpg

• I found this Informative 2