Big Brook NJ finds

southjerseyfossil

Sharks tooth is about an inch is this a macko?

stone sorry pic is a little unclear its small about 3/4 inch i'm assuming this is quartz it was just a lot clearer then all rest quartz I was sifting thru.

I have been to big brook a few times its about an hour and a half drive from me but I find it relaxing and interesting. I visited venice Florida a few months ago found a lot of sharks teeth mostly small ones funny this is the bigger one I have found. I normally just go to the entrance everyone all ways goes to and walk the creek ethier way I'm kind of new at doing this but if there are any frequent Big brook hunters that can give me a few tips I would appreciate it thanks Kevin

shark.thumb.jpg.f5b918ba750b5a2f7b722af47d9b9bcf.jpgquartz.thumb.jpg.7eec296bd9c35e0b0d04674cac5d8ab6.jpg

Most likely Scapanorhynchus texanus (goblin shark). Mako sharks weren't around in the Cretaceous. Your second one is quartz - there are unusually nice pieces of it in that stream!.

• I found this Informative 3

Thanks for your help there doing some construction by the entrance at Big Brook made it alittle complicated to get in there my last time..... just a heads up

• I found this Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I go to Raminessin Brook in Holmdel over Big Brook. I prefer more shark type stuff and I’ve had better luck at the Ram.